Cylinder 2 misfire headache

TheEnglishmansFord

Reaction score
City, State
Lancaster
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited 2WD
Hi all,

I've trawled through the posts but can't seem to find anything that may help my problem. Ive a 2013 Explorer 3.5 V6 non turbo 142000, had the Check Engine Light appear and after checking the codes had a P0302 misfire on number 2. Changed all plugs (they were due), no change in code. Swapped out coil pack, still the same, next was the injector. Still has the misfire, you can see the rev counter drop and feel it when driving. I'm running out of ideas other than testing the compression on that cylinder (which looks fun due to the design!)

I'm avoiding Ford whilst I can as they wanted $900 to change the oil pressure sensor so dreading this...

I'm going to remove the intake over the weekend to check for any wiring issues going to the cylinder but if anyone has any ideas, I'd very much appreciate the help.

Thanks

Dean

Compression test on that cylinder

You changed the injector and cleared the code it came back? Did you use factory Bosch injector?

If you can install a spark plug you should be able to get compression tester in there? I’m not familiar with the n/a 3.5 though so tell me if I am wrong

How does the spark
Plug look? Wet? Whitewashed? Black? Brown? Tan?

Is plug wire okay? Swap with a known good one or test it’s resistance t

Welcome to the Forum Dean. :wave:
I'm afraid I'm of no help here.
Good luck and please keep us updated. Thanks.

Peter

You might have multiple plugs/coil packs that are going bad. Had a similar problem on a BMW. Swapping plugs and coil packs wouldn't solve it. Got all new plugs and coil packs and problem went away.

Back