D35 pig removal idea

TheRookie

Traveling SAS guru
Reaction score
City, State
West Chester PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 explorer xlt
Well I gotta swap my front pig. I have had one with an ARB in it sitting here for a while. Whats the best precedure for pulling this? I was looking at it and the only concern is the one bolt on the drivers side that is long and vertical. I know the pig is slotted around that bolt. Is it possible to rock it out around that bolt? If not I am thinking of pulling the radius arm brackett off and pushibng the rear of the arm out. I think this will allow that bolt to come off with the arm still on. Sugestions ? ideas? am I crazy?

You can get the diff out without dropping the radius arm. The vertical bolt is there to hold the diff in place, you need to remove it.

I have swapped the diff off the beam with the beam in the truck a few times, no biggie. Most of the time spent will be getting the axle shafts out of the knuckles and cleaning up the silicoln on the beam so you can re-seal the diff.

good luck!

The D35 might also require a slight notch in the top of the beam above the diff to clear the ARB air line......depending on where they routed it, so be sure to check that before trying to re-install. A disc grinder works perfect for notching the beam......

thanks 410. So swinging out the back of the arm is the way to go then?

I ran in to a problem with the long vertical bolt when I removed my front pig as well. I see you have the Superlift lift. I think the Superlift 5.5 compounds the problem. I can't remember why (it's been about six months) but I ended up removing the pivot ends of the TTB to get the pig out. It was a pain for sure.

Back