Daytime Running Lights - 2017 Explorer Limited | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Daytime Running Lights - 2017 Explorer Limited

With IPC 720-02-01 6DA5 B450 1Czz ---> xxEx xxxx xxzz
In setting - Lights have Daytime Running Light, if uncheck the turnsignal turn off, check turnsignal on ( DRL only turn on when i switch Auto lights)
The poster, DanF861 wants the LED signature lights ON as DRL, not the amber turn/parking lights.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sure enough turning off the DRL in settings, with the switch in AUTO keeps the LED signature lights on. I prefer this look instead of having the low-beam DRL's on all the time. I can understand Ford's point of view though in probably keeping them on for safety ... the signature LED's aren't as bright as other manufacturer LED strips.

With IPC 720-02-01 6DA5 B450 1Czz ---> xxEx xxxx xxzz
In setting - Lights have Daytime Running Light, if uncheck the turnsignal turn off, check turnsignal on ( DRL only turn on when i switch Auto lights)

Yeah, I'm going to try your ABD tonight and see if I can't get the same results. Do you know what strategy/calibration you're running on your BCM??

If you wouldn't mind sharing your VIN (PM) I can probably pull it up on OASIS myself.

To clarify after reading this thread. The signature lights are the lights that come on when the truck is started and idle and the daytime running lights come on with the signtuare lights once the truck is engaged in gear and you start driving. I saw some forscan codes to disable the running lights but I need to disable the signature lights. I don’t really care what lights are on once the vehicle is moving but once parked and sitting in the truck idle I can’t have these signature lights on especially as night on a dark street it makes the truck obvious it’s running and someone is it in and I can’t have that. Thank you

To clarify after reading this thread. The signature lights are the lights that come on when the truck is started and idle and the daytime running lights come on with the signtuare lights once the truck is engaged in gear and you start driving. I saw some forscan codes to disable the running lights but I need to disable the signature lights. I don’t really care what lights are on once the vehicle is moving but once parked and sitting in the truck idle I can’t have these signature lights on especially as night on a dark street it makes the truck obvious it’s running and someone is it in and I can’t have that. Thank you
I guess you don't have laws regulating idling there. Here it's restricted to 3 minutes in any 60 minute period if the temp is between 40 F - 80 F.
Now as for your question, I don't believe there is anyway to turn them off short of getting into the actual wiring. I found this using the Forum's 'Search' feature; Disable LED Signature Lights

Peter

Never found a forscan code for the signature lights. The sigs are actually programmed and wired as the parking lights. My vehicle didn’t pass inspection once I had them nixed. As far as changing when they come on automatically, Never got that solved.

I guess you don't have laws regulating idling there. Here it's restricted to 3 minutes in any 60 minute period if the temp is between 40 F - 80 F.
Now as for your question, I don't believe there is anyway to turn them off short of getting into the actual wiring. I found this using the Forum's 'Search' feature; Disable LED Signature Lights

Peter
Didn’t think it would be such an issue to disable them and surprised there is no forscan code for that either and it comes down to physical wiring and or switch. I’ve idled the truck for many reasons such a meal break from work, left the wife and kid in the car to run into a store or even to hang out in the vehicle depending on who I’m with and for off duty use from my job I left it on for hours and I just go to the settings to stop it from shutting off after that preprogrammed timer. Correct me if I am wrong but the Interceptor only has the Daytime Runing Lights and not the Signature lights when they idle them and I not trying to compare but the headlight setup appears the same.

Sorry, but I'm not familiar with the Interceptor setup.

Interceptors and base trim Explorers will not have signature lighting.

They unfortunately are not a direct swap--one member tried this and we went back and forth for a while to no avail in making it work entirely factory.

Back