Daytime Running Lights- DRL

calryan239

Reaction score
City, State
Naples, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Ford Explorer XLT
Good Afternoon All!

Recently bought a 2021 Ford Explorer XLT.

It has the ugly white LED DRL's. I just saw another 21 Explorer (looked like base model) with the DRL's being the yellow turn signals (Similar to that as pictured in second picture)

Is there a way to accomplish getting the yellow turn signals as DRL?

Thank you

1761.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the PIU that have the amber DRL may just be wired differently. I have only seen people turn on the amber as DRL but only WITH the stock white DRLs together.

Good Afternoon All!

Recently bought a 2021 Ford Explorer XLT.

It has the ugly white LED DRL's. I just saw another 21 Explorer (looked like base model) with the DRL's being the yellow turn signals (Similar to that as pictured in second picture)

Is there a way to accomplish getting the yellow turn signals as DRL?

Thank you
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
You referenced a second picture but there is only one? I would guess that you would have to change some wiring unless it's possible to do it with FORScan.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
You referenced a second picture but there is only one? I would guess that you would have to change some wiring unless it's possible to do it with FORScan.

Peter
Oops I was gonna upload a picture of my new ride, but file was too big. Just one pic of what I’m trying to accomplish

Hello all !
Is their a way to disable the white DRL (white strip) at night on the 2020+ Explorers while keeping the amber turn signal illuminated?

Hello all !
Is their a way to disable the white DRL (white strip) at night on the 2020+ Explorers while keeping the amber turn signal illuminated?
DRLs can be turned off via Sync.

Does anybody know if the standard DRLs can simply have a bulb change for a different color? I don’t necessarily mind the stock standard DRL if I can change it to amber instead of white.

Does anybody know if the standard DRLs can simply have a bulb change for a different color? I don’t necessarily mind the stock standard DRL if I can change it to amber instead of white.
No, the headlamps are built-in LED. That said, some have used the amber turn signal for the DRL and turned off the stock white DRL.

No, the headlamps are built-in LED. That said, some have used the amber turn signal for the DRL and turned off the stock white DRL.
I’m specifically referring to ‘20+ models, but you’re probably still correct. Of course they couldn’t make it easy. I’m aware of the forscan DRL change to PIU style, which is cool, but was curious about just changing current DRL color. And I’m not interested in the Oracle aftermarket color change garbage, was just hoping that a simple bulb could be changed to amber, and was hoping wouldn’t have to take the whole bumper off. If not maybe I’ll wrap it.

Back