Daytime Running Lights (DRL) Disable? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Daytime Running Lights (DRL) Disable?

Once you're in forscan, go to the BCM and scroll down to where it says DRL Autolamps. Should be like 6 entries, ie Personal 1, Personal 2, etc. I changed all of them to disable and hit "write." Prompted me to turn key to off position then back to on position, and BAM, no more DRLs

Thats pretty much it, all you need is an adapter that will work with forscan.
Vgate vLinker Forscan

If you want a more in-depth step by step guide I can make one in a bit.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I made a quick video for anyone in the future trying to figure this out

I need help figuring this out, I have a 2021 piu
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I'm actually surprised that the PIU doesn't have the DRL inhibit feature.

Peter

I'm actually surprised that the PIU doesn't have the DRL inhibit feature.

Peter
I found it odd that the dealership's are telling agencies it's not possible, especially when it's a safety issue.

I will send you a direct message and we can discuss things.
I would like to know this myself. I want to disable the double honk and turn off all lights while engine is at idle.

I would like to know this myself. I want to disable the double honk and turn off all lights while engine is at idle.
The member you quoted is no longer around. Sadly, he passed away a while ago. The member he replied to was last seen here on May 10, 2022.
Also, thus is the 5th gen forum and yours is a 5th gen so there are differences.

Peter

Back