Daytime Running Lights (DRL) Disable? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Daytime Running Lights (DRL) Disable?

Sooooooo, how did you deactivate the running lights in a 2020 PIU? I have Forscan, turned it off. But now the low beams are on when the car is in gear, not just the LED's on the headlamp
Aren't the DRL on the low beams at a reduced power?

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I found my issue (or at least it worked). Had to set the switch position at startup to OFF, then it worked.

I found my issue (or at least it worked). Had to set the switch position at startup to OFF, then it worked.
So basically you just turned the headlamp OFF.

Peter

I don't believe it was the DRL that was turned OFF by turning OFF the headlights. Just the headlight itself. Now it likely requires turning it back ON for night driving.

Peter

Has this been confirmed to work on 2021 PIU's? We ordered 6 2021's and the dealer has said they cannot turn off the headlights while the vehicle is in drive. This is dangerous for when the deputies need to approach a call discreetly. If no one knows maybe I'll be the guinea pig.

Has this been confirmed to work on 2021 PIU's? We ordered 6 2021's and the dealer has said they cannot turn off the headlights while the vehicle is in drive. This is dangerous for when the deputies need to approach a call discreetly. If no one knows maybe I'll be the guinea pig.
We have 2020s, but I can't imagine the procedure being any different with ForScan.. dealership told us the same thing about it not being possible, but it worked just fine. I was assigned to do this on the entire fleet.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
It might be a good idea to get in touch with randonacts13x via private message if you wish or have the change posted here. Good luck.

Peter

Thank you peterk9, I've been a lurker for awhile while building these cars just never needed to post until now. I just ordered a cable to run forscan should be here in a couple days. I'll let yall know if it works on our 2021's. We are getting 7 more 2022 PIU Hybrids this year hopefully it will work on them as well.

Thank you peterk9, I've been a lurker for awhile while building these cars just never needed to post until now. I just ordered a cable to run forscan should be here in a couple days. I'll let yall know if it works on our 2021's. We are getting 7 more 2022 PIU Hybrids this year hopefully it will work on them as well.
It will work on your 21's and 22's

Do I just download Forscan for free on my PC and plug in to my obd? Is that all I’ll need to disable the DRLs? Or do I have to add the free trail of the licensing etc….?

usually for "less invasive" stuff it can be disabled w/o the license. if not, the license is free and mine was approved quite quickly, but i suspect it would be in the norma version. however, i dont know, as i own a 2nd gen

usually for "less invasive" stuff it can be disabled w/o the license. if not, the license is free and mine was approved quite quickly, but i suspect it would be in the norma version. however, i dont know, as i own a 2nd gen
10-4. I’ve had mine for a year. And hate not being able to black out at night when arriving on a critical incident requiring a stealthier approach.

10-4. I’ve had mine for a year. And hate not being able to black out at night when arriving on a critical incident requiring a stealthier approach.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Good luck with the DRL disable. Please report back. Thanks.

Peter

Anyone care to help walk me through on how to turn these DRLs off tomorrow evening via a phone call ? I have the software downloaded and my OBD will be in tomorrow. I just don’t want to get in there and screw something up. My agency would have my butt if I did.

let me know what it looks like!!! would be interesting to see how the new X's computers are set up, as i presume they are vastly different than the 2nd gen. wish i could help, but any advice i could provide would pertain to the 2nd gen, and may very well have changed since :(

Anyone care to help walk me through on how to turn these DRLs off tomorrow evening via a phone call ? I have the software downloaded and my OBD will be in tomorrow. I just don’t want to get in there and screw something up. My agency would have my butt if I did.
Disregard, got hooked up with a friend on here that’s going to help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I need help figuring this out, I have a 2021 piu

Back