nonconfigurable daytime running lights (drl) disable | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

nonconfigurable daytime running lights (drl) disable

algentle

Reaction score
City, State
Alain
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021, explorer hase
Is there anyway to disable the daytime running lights on ford explorer base 2021.

Its annoying because it turning on the main headlight as soon as I out it to Drive or Reverse.

HELP!!!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Use an ELM327 compatible OBD2 port dongle, linked (USB, wifi, or bluetooth connected) to a windows tablet or laptop running Forscan app which should be able to change this parameter. That is if there is no setting mentioned in the owner's manual. Taking it to a Ford dealer shop is another possibility, call ahead to see if they offer this service.

Is there anyway to disable the daytime running lights on ford explorer base 2021.

Its annoying because it turning on the main headlight as soon as I out it to Drive or Reverse.

HELP!!!!!!
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I'm not sure why you find it annoying. DRL is a safety item and if they are on your headlights on the base trim, they are at a reduced power.
In many European counties and in Canada, they are mandatory.

Peter

^ Good point.

Where is Alain? Why not just put a complete geographical location in your profile so I don't have to ask?

If daytime running lights are not mandatory in you region, or vehicle was built for a region where they aren't required, then you may have a dial or buttons to select which mode the headlights operate in, probably just to the left of the steering column, or to the right of it if you live in a region with right hand drive vehicles.

^ Good point.

Where is Alain? Why not just put a complete geographical location in your profile so I don't have to ask?

If daytime running lights are not mandatory in you region, or vehicle was built for a region where they aren't required, then you may have a dial or buttons to select which mode the headlights operate in, probably just to the left of the steering column, or to the right of it if you live in a region with right hand drive vehicles.
Abu Dhabi, UAE.

Peter

HELP!!!!!!
Try to start with a simple one. In the sink menu, in the lighting section, turn off the daytime running lights.

Try to start with a simple one. In the sink menu, in the lighting section, turn off the daytime running lights.
The member mentioned that his DRL are NOT configurable so that means there will not be a setting to Enable/Disable the DRL.

Peter

Back