De-Badged? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

De-Badged?

hydro

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 XLT
Anyone de-badge there X yet... I have an 07 and I'm thinking about it but not sure if there just stickers or have posts in the body. thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks but I found that info too but I can't find anything about the 4th Gen if they have the guide bolts or if they're just stuck on there.

That's why I haven't removed mine. So I decided to strip the paint from mine... for a different look...

003.jpg
:cool:

That's why I haven't removed mine. So I decided to strip the paint from mine... for a different look...

003.jpg
:cool:

Very nice... Ok I've been told by someone with an 06 X that there are no holes and someone with an 07 and 08 Sport Trac there are holes... What to do what to do... I guess I can get under there if there there just reattach with double sided tape... LOL

Very nice... Ok I've been told by someone with an 06 X that there are no holes and someone with an 07 and 08 Sport Trac there are holes... What to do what to do... I guess I can get under there if there there just reattach with double sided tape... LOL

Well, I'm just speculating here, but my 2008 Mountaineer has letters spelling out M-O-U-N-T-A-I-N-E-E-R, all spread out on the tailgate and doors, like the old F-O-R-D spread out across the hood and trunk. Since many of the Explorer and Mountaineer body panels are interchangeable, I suspect the 4th Explorer badges are just stuck on too.

Chris

Yes this is correct, no holes on the 06 ex.

Yes this is correct, no holes on the 06 ex.

+1.

I took the three "Explorer" emblems and the RSC emblem off immediately (bought it new). Left the V8 emblem on the tailgate. Much better!

+1.

I took the three "Explorer" emblems and the RSC emblem off immediately (bought it new). Left the V8 emblem on the tailgate. Much better!

Ok removed the badge off back and it was just stuck on... STUCK ON REALLY WELL... :) but no holes. So for anyone else the 06 and 07 Explorer has no posts. Just stuck on. The sport tracs sounds like they have posts... Thanks all for the info... Heres a pic with the explorer badge off...

087.jpg

i took off all explorer emblem on mine, so the emblems by the front doors and the tailgate are gone. all i have on my tailgate is the ford on the center and 4x4 painted the same as the car. ill post pics tomorrow

i took off all explorer emblem on mine, so the emblems by the front doors and the tailgate are gone. all i have on my tailgate is the ford on the center and 4x4 painted the same as the car. ill post pics tomorrow

Did you paint the 4X4 on yourself or go to a shop... Can't wait to see pictures...

i painted it myself since i work in a shop : ]

p.s. forgot to take pics today, ill do it tomorrow...

can't wait to see the pics

okay guys here's some pics... got really busy at work and tired, finally had the chance today...

just sprayed sealer on the left and right window moldings (they were originally gloss black)

081320091125e.jpg

here's the rear shot (notice the painted 4x4 emblem also)

081920091132e.jpg

081920091133e.jpg

and here's a rear quarter shot (all i have left is the v8 emblem on the fender, i got rid of the explorer emblem on the lower part of the front door)

081920091134e.jpg

Back