• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Deep Sleep Mode - Battery Drain Issue?

NCcarguy

Reaction score
City, State
Raleigh, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
According to post #68, a software update is required.

Peter
Mine was supposed to be upgraded....and now it seems like its still not right, but it did sit for one week before it went into deep sleep mode.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

ROD MARSH

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Temple Hills
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 FORD ST Magnet Grey
Callsign
Florida Alligator
Mine was supposed to be upgraded....and now it seems like its still not right, but it did sit for one week before it went into deep sleep mode.
Mines didn't sit a it only sat the night after I drove it that day and that night it went in to a DEEP SLEEP MODE

NCcarguy

Reaction score
City, State
Raleigh, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Mines didn't sit a it only sat the night after I drove it that day and that night it went in to a DEEP SLEEP MODE
Is this after it was supposed to be upgraded?

ROD MARSH

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Temple Hills
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 FORD ST Magnet Grey
Callsign
Florida Alligator
I'm starting to get the feeling that the "Fix" isn't fixing this.
Yes my friend work at the factory where all of these trucks a assembled and she talk to one of her friend that work there with her, he said it is a module problem And he took my VIN number and he's supposed to tell me what module that is. That's messing up.

Paulwalters

Reaction score
City, State
Anaheim CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer ST
I have had my 2020 Explorer Platinum about three weeks. I recently left it in the garage for a trip (6 days), and on the return flight home I received a "Deep Sleep Mode Activated" FordPass alert on my phone. When I got back to the car, it would not start or respond, and acted like it had a completely drained battery. I was forced to jump it to get it going (last night).

I've triple checked for lights or other accessories on, and found nothing. The auto-start stop also seems disabled, which makes we wonder if there is a battery issue. Unfortunately, I just received another such alert, and am now wondering what to do next on this Labor day weekend. Anyone else experienced a similar issue?

P.S. I dare you all to figure out how to remove the battery on this vehicle.
Yes I had same problem with my 2020 explorer have not been to get it resolved with the dealer.

NEWPORTNJ

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST EXPLORER
St, Pk
Yes I had same problem with my 2020 explorer have not been to get it resolved with the dealer.
Take to the dealer, they just need to do a update and that will take care of problem. They we're many early Explorer that had that issues and it was resolved with the update.

Paulwalters

Reaction score
City, State
Anaheim CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Did anyone get another Deep Sleep notice today? I got one just before 7 Am this morning. I hadn’t driven it since Sat afternoon and battery is fully charged. Should only do that if 14 days without a start or battery voltage drops below 9.5 Volts. Sounds like FordPass is having a some issues
I had same issue with a fully charged Battery took it to dealer and they couldn’t find anything wrong.

Paulwalters

Reaction score
City, State
Anaheim CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Take to the dealer, they just need to do a update and that will take care of problem. They we're many early Explorer that had that issues and it was resolved with the update.
Thanks I am taking it again to dealer for fifth time. I think they updated the software last time I was in and nothing changed. I bought battery tender when it is on my garage and portable battery so I can start it when it goes into deep sleep mode.

Paulwalters

Reaction score
City, State
Anaheim CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer ST
They did the same and said that the battery was charging and the next week I'm back at the Dealership but I decided to go to another Dealership and they reprogrammed all of the modules, and again on the 7th of this month it died again so I called Roadside and they came out and jump my truck again, now If it happens again then I'm going ask for a new battery.
I had new battery installed and no change. I even paid for their most expensive battery hoping that would fix it.

Paulwalters

Reaction score
City, State
Anaheim CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Yes my friend work at the factory where all of these trucks a assembled and she talk to one of her friend that work there with her, he said it is a module problem And he took my VIN number and he's supposed to tell me what module that is. That's messing up.
Please let me know what the fix is. Thanks

u04601

Reaction score
City, State
CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 XLT
PAUL WALTERS - Which dealer have you been taking it to?

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Curious as to why this only seems to affect the Explorer. N
Please let me know what the fix is. Thanks
Welcome to the Forum Paul. :wave:
This doesn't seem to be a battery issue. But whatever it is, it seems to only affect the Explorer and not the Aviator judging by the posts.

Peter

KegsBdry

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Washington, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer ST
My 2020 Ford Explorer ST is in the shop a second time for battery issues. Something is draining the battery, whether I'm using the vehicle or not. It died the first time in the garage after sitting for 2 days (resolution: new battery). The second time happened after going on a 100 mile trip. Dealership said they are updating the BCM to resolve the issue (they used their internal forum to find out about this known issue).

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
My 2020 Ford Explorer ST is in the shop a second time for battery issues. Something is draining the battery, whether I'm using the vehicle or not. It died the first time in the garage after sitting for 2 days (resolution: new battery). The second time happened after going on a 100 mile trip. Dealership said they are updating the BCM to resolve the issue (they used their internal forum to find out about this known issue).
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Your post was moved to this thread on a similar issue. It seems the update is supposed to resolve the issue.

Peter

Wilkinda65

Reaction score
City, State
Lithia, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Mine did this again 2 days ago after it was driven a couple days earlier. This is the 6th time since new. No, I haven't been able to get into the dealer to get it resolved with my work hours.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Mine did this again 2 days ago after it was driven a couple days earlier. This is the 6th time since new. No, I haven't been able to get into the dealer to get it resolved with my work hours.
Did you get the update done that members mentioned in this thread? I'm not sure if that is what you meant in your post about getting it resolved.

Peter