SSM 50975 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SSM 50975

Will3

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Last week I had my Explorer at the dealership for SSM 50975. I don’t drive my Explorer very often (11,000 mile since 10/1/2019). I was getting a notice from Ford Pass that the vehicle had gone into deep sleep mode every time I shut the vehicle off. Also, auto start/stop wasn’t working, and intelligent access only worked for the driver’s door. I was trickle charging the battery, and the vehicle always started. The dealership found that the battery showed a 40% state of charge, but after they manually reset the “battery monitor,” the battery then showed a 70% state of charge. Once they reset the battery monitor, auto start/stop and intelligent access began working properly again, and the Ford Pass deep sleep mode messages stopped. According to my dealership, normal driving should automatically reset the battery monitor, but if it doesn’t, as in my case, the dealership has to reset the monitor. If you drive your Explorer regularly, you shouldn’t have this problem.

SSM 50975

2017-2022 Various Ford And Lincoln Vehicles - Deep Sleep Mode Notification In FordPass® And/Or LincolnWay® Cell Phone Apps

Some 2017-2022 Ford/Lincoln customers may experience a notification in the FordPass®/LincolnWay® app indicating Vehicle Has Entered Deep Sleep Mode. This occurs when the vehicle has not been started for 14 consecutive days, battery voltage is at/below 9.5 volts or the body control module (BCM) 12 volt battery state of charge (SOC) drops below 50%. A warning may also set if the telematic control unit (TCU) has received an over the air update. The TCU powers down all communication when in this mode and app features are disabled. Manually start the vehicle to wake if from mode. More information is located in the app under: Account > Help > search 'Deep Sleep' in the entry box. If the condition remains, check the BCM 12v SOC. If the SOC does not change after charging the battery or after BMS reset is performed, continue with normal battery and/or BMS sensor diagnostics.

The computer on wheels is very temperamental ;)

Last week I had my Explorer at the dealership for SSM 50975. I don’t drive my Explorer very often (11,000 mile since 10/1/2019). I was getting a notice from Ford Pass that the vehicle had gone into deep sleep mode every time I shut the vehicle off. Also, auto start/stop wasn’t working, and intelligent access only worked for the driver’s door. I was trickle charging the battery, and the vehicle always started. The dealership found that the battery showed a 40% state of charge, but after they manually reset the “battery monitor,” the battery then showed a 70% state of charge. Once they reset the battery monitor, auto start/stop and intelligent access began working properly again, and the Ford Pass deep sleep mode messages stopped. According to my dealership, normal driving should automatically reset the battery monitor, but if it doesn’t, as in my case, the dealership has to reset the monitor. If you drive your Explorer regularly, you shouldn’t have this problem.

SSM 50975

2017-2022 Various Ford And Lincoln Vehicles - Deep Sleep Mode Notification In FordPass® And/Or LincolnWay® Cell Phone Apps

Some 2017-2022 Ford/Lincoln customers may experience a notification in the FordPass®/LincolnWay® app indicating Vehicle Has Entered Deep Sleep Mode. This occurs when the vehicle has not been started for 14 consecutive days, battery voltage is at/below 9.5 volts or the body control module (BCM) 12 volt battery state of charge (SOC) drops below 50%. A warning may also set if the telematic control unit (TCU) has received an over the air update. The TCU powers down all communication when in this mode and app features are disabled. Manually start the vehicle to wake if from mode. More information is located in the app under: Account > Help > search 'Deep Sleep' in the entry box. If the condition remains, check the BCM 12v SOC. If the SOC does not change after charging the battery or after BMS reset is performed, continue with normal battery and/or BMS sensor diagnostics.
Our 2020 xlt gave us a message via FordPass to start the vehicle to maintain the battery back during covid lockdowns. My wife was working from home so the vehicle was sitting a lot.

Back