deep snow is no fun | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

deep snow is no fun

Last night my buddies and I decided to drive down a low maintenance road at night which was a bad idea. In my 1994 stock Explorer 4x4 we got through the mud ok then started on some snow. The snow ended up being deeper than I thought. I got high centered. After an hour and a half of digging out the under carriage we had cleared everything. I put it in reverse and only got about ten feet before I got stuck AGAIN. Really pissed off at this point and with it being two we called it a night. Today we went out with another good friend and his lifted 4x4 dodge ram 1500 to try and get my truck unstuck. Well this is where it went from bad to worse. He got his truck stuck where mine had made it through and ended up breaking something on the front drive line. We ended up digging me out and he had to get pulled out with a front end loader. My truck was muddy but unharmed. Thank god. A lesson learned for all of roaders is to use the buddy system or bring your own retrieval gear, which I had but a tow rope. More pics soon to come.

The buddy system has been a life saver for me. Sounds like you at least had some fun. Picture isnt working though...

URL=http://s939.photobucket.com/albums/ad236/jarinkeller/First%20Muddin%20trip/?action=view&current=IMG00021-20100322-2307.jpg]
IMG00021-20100322-2307.jpg
[/URL]

Back