• Register Today It's free!

Deflector?

bpj1242

Reaction score
City, State
La Habra, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Limited
How do you keep the backside of your 2011 explorer clean?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is endemic to all SUVs and as well as station wagons. No way to stop it! It is because of how the vehicle travels thru the air. it creates a vacuum at the rear of the vehicle trapping dust and dirt!

Welcome to the Forum bpj1242.:wavey:
Do you have a 2011 Explorer? Your profile shows 2002 Limited in the left margin.
As Dr Plastic mentioned, there is no real way to keep the back clean mainly because of the vehicle's design. Some members have posted that installing the splash guards (mud flaps) has helped.

Peter

Re mud splash guards

welcome to the forum bpj1242.:wavey:
Do you have a 2011 explorer? Your profile shows 2002 limited in the left margin.
As dr plastic mentioned, there is no real way to keep the back clean mainly because of the vehicle's design. Some members have posted that installing the splash guards (mud flaps) has helped.

Peter

i have ford splash guards and i can state they do not at all work to keep rear clean of dust they only work to keep splash down

Easy question to answer - I wash it. Well, mostly my wife washes it. It's her truck after all.:D

Back