delivery time | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

delivery time

Sounds about right. My EX was built on 10/8/11 and I still haven't received it yet. ETA is 11/12/11...so over a month build to ETA.

Does anyone know if the shipping times are still extended? My vehicle took a full 2 1/2 months to be built and now my fleet managment company is saying it could be another month before it arrives at the dealer....

Estimated Delivery of your vehicle is: The week of 12/05/2011:thumbdwn:

Your vehicle has been built, and is awaiting shipping. 11/2/2011
Your vehicle order has been received at the manufacturer plant, and is awaiting assembly. 10/31/2011
Your vehicle order has been submitted for scheduling at the manufacturer plant. 10/13/2011
Your vehicle order has been received by the manufacturer. 8/23/2011

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anyone know if the shipping times are still extended? My vehicle took a full 2 1/2 months to be built and now my fleet managment company is saying it could be another month before it arrives at the dealer....

Your vehicle order has been received at the manufacturer plant, and is awaiting assembly. 10/31/2011
Your vehicle order has been submitted for scheduling at the manufacturer plant. 10/13/2011
Your vehicle order has been received by the manufacturer. 8/23/2011[/QUOTE

How did you get these updates?

Your vehicle order has been received by the manufacturer. 8/23/2011[/QUOTE

How did you get these updates?

My vehicle is a fleet vehicle. It is ordered through a fleet management company. The only way I can get info is through their portal. Cory can't track it through his system and the dealer takes a "courtesy" delivery from Ford so they don't have any info either....If its a month, that sucks.....I was figuring about 10-14 days....:thumbdwn:

I don't think anyone has been able to figure out Ford's shipping program/policy yet.
It looks as if the original order may have been caught up in the switch from producing 2011 models to 2012. As for the long waiting time to be shipped, I can only assume it may be caused by the large number of Explorers waiting to be delivered and a shortage of transport, be it rail or truck. This was a problem they ran into with the 2011 models. I am sure there are several factors that may impact the delivery times but it is difficult to know for sure what they are not knowing Ford's scheduling/shipping policy.

My Ex is also a fleet vehicle however Cory was able to track it.

It's similar to yours where my Ex is being delivered to a dealer as a "courtesy" delivery. However, if you know the name/address of the original dealership that processed your order, Cory can find out the dealer code.

And if you know either the VIN or order number coupled with the dealer code...Cory should be able to track it.

It may be less than a month for you since you're on the west coast. I'm all the way out in Hawaii which takes 3-5 days of actual sailing plus any processing/wait times at the dock from LA or Oakland.

My vehicle is a fleet vehicle. It is ordered through a fleet management company. The only way I can get info is through their portal. Cory can't track it through his system and the dealer takes a "courtesy" delivery from Ford so they don't have any info either....If its a month, that sucks.....I was figuring about 10-14 days....:thumbdwn:

Apparently it was shipped via railroad last week. Maybe my 10-14 days still has hope! It is so close I can taste it!

Your vehicle has been shipped via railroad. 11/4/2011

Apparently it was shipped via railroad last week. Maybe my 10-14 days still has hope! It is so close I can taste it!

Your vehicle has been shipped via railroad. 11/4/2011
That has to be one of the quickest turn around times I've seen. Ready for assembly Oct. 31st and shipped via rail Nov. 4th. I hope the paint was dry! :D

My XLT/205A was ordered 9/16, built 10/5, shipped by rail to North Texas, arrived at the dealer 10/20. All much faster than I expected.

That has to be one of the quickest turn around times I've seen. Ready for assembly Oct. 31st and shipped via rail Nov. 4th. I hope the paint was dry! :D

Maybe that's the new paint drying process Ford is using to save some money since they are going to spend a buttload of it to send out the MFT updates. Paint and hope the train ride to the dealer dries the paint!:D

Back