Detailing Questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Detailing Questions

I have a 2000 XLS with the plastic body modling, when I waxed it, I got wax on the plastic body molding and now its white and driving me nuts. Whats the best thing to get it off with ? and are there any products to detail the plastic itself, I used armorall but didn't get a great result.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does it not come off with some water and elbow grease? Mine does.

Haven't tried that yet but I don't want to washed the plastic after I have waxed the truck.

Isopropyl Alcohol. A brand new pencil eraser (the white kind). Peanut butter (no joke). Any of these should work.

Mike

I have seem people use peanut butter to do this;never tried that myself.

Simple green and an old toothbrush works

and then switch to Zaino,
no white stuff !!!!!!!!!!!

I think I used prep-sol on mine. Meguir's Gold Class doesn't leave with either.

IAmTodd said:
Meguir's Gold Class doesn't leave [white ] either.
It sure did on mine

MONMIX said:
It sure did on mine

Yep, does on mine too from time to time. I use tire cleaner to polish my plastic moldings until I get them painted by a body shop down the road. I did repaint them myself, but it didn't come out how I wanted them too, I use 20/20 Tire Shine and it works beautiful.

draft said:
Yep, does on mine too from time to time. I use tire cleaner to polish my plastic moldings until I get them painted by a body shop down the road. I did repaint them myself, but it didn't come out how I wanted them too, I use 20/20 Tire Shine and it works beautiful.
Learned that trick this weekend, I used turtle wax tire wax on my trim and its nice now, looks wet. Got the white stuff off to, or atleast covered it up .

I did the zaino on mine this weekend. Then I used the tire stuff on the plastic and it really made it shine.

Back