Did Ford make a console for 60/40 front bench? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Did Ford make a console for 60/40 front bench?

beavis195

Reaction score
City, State
Sammamish, WA and Provo, UT
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT 4 door
I have a 60/40 split bench seat upfront. It is a very rare option for the Explorer, my parents got it because they didn't want us fighting in the backseat. It is common in rangers. Anyway, The passenger is a bucket seat, and the drivers seat has a bucket with a nother place for a tiny person to sit attached. The cheesy arm rest/"console" has bent to hell. Every console I buy to put on the floor just doesn't look right. Did Ford make a console or should I just buy a bucket seat for the drivers side and buy a console?
Thanks

I have the same question. As of yet I haven't found out. I hate that little arm rest. Two weeks ago I spilled a soda in my X, and it got on my cd's, ruined several of them. Ever since I've been trying to find a way to get a console for the X. Let me know if you find something out.

Henry:cool:

Originally posted by beavis195
Every console I buy to put on the floor just doesn't look right. Did Ford make a console or should I just buy a bucket seat for the drivers side and buy a console?

There was no console offered with the bench seat. Some of the later model Rangers had a cup holder mounted to the front of the seat in the middle, but I doubt you could put it on your seat, since there wouldn't be a mounting point. I managed to find a small console - two cup holders and a small bin - that I mounted to the floor. Not much room, but somewhere to put my coffee in the morning.

I haven't had any problems with the arm rest, but everything in there gets jumbled when I put it up to sit one of my kids in the middle. I'd say your best option is buckets and a real console...

Yeah, tha's what I've been thinking about doing. Go to a junk yard somewhere and find some leather seats and put them in along with a real console.

Henry

Back