Did the tortion flip | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Did the tortion flip

X~FACTOR said:
Wow THAT is low. :eek:

Nicely done, Boomin. I asked Draft this question, is the ride really that bad? Is it like one of those bone jarring ride when you're (conventionally) lowered with 5 adults inside?

I think its actually better than it was. Since the adjuster is moved and tention it put back on it it keeps more tention in the tortion bar than with just the bolts out. I am again nearly totally on the bumpstops

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok, i lowered my sport trac 1.5 inches in front by tt. the driverside just backed out some but the pass side bolt came all the way out. now if i flip the adjusters can the bolts be put back in to adj unlevel side to side?

Yes.

www.tainted-reality.net/drop

Make sure you pay close attention to where you notch the adjuster for the bolt to sit in. Otherwise, you're playing with the devil and the bolt can easily slip and cause your entire suspension on that side to give away.

Good luck.

i will try the tortion flip. what kind of lowering shock can i get for that much drop 2-4 inches?

would a ranger lowering spring work on a explorer/sport trac???

No.

(rear leafs) why not?

Back