• Register Today It's free!

Died will not start back up

Exploder2093

Reaction score
City, State
Mesa az
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 explorer XLT
Hi my name is Zane I posted a thread on the modified explorers but the only thing that's really modified about mine is suspension and tires I really really need help about a week ago I was driving and my truck died on me and will not start back up when you turn the key on the check engine light does not come on the relays for the fuel pump does not turn on the fuel pump and it's not delivering spark to the plugs prior to this problem I have replaced mass air flow sensor throttle position sensor fuel pressure regulator the ICM the fuel pump fuel filter and a whole slew of other things including crankshaft position sensor it's weird when you turn the ignition on you can hear the fuel pump relay half tick like it wants to deliver power but won't today I went down to Pick-a-Part got a new ECU and put it in there and it did not help I ran a 12-volt power wire to my fuel pump it still works but my electrical system is not putting power to things it should be I have checked every single ground I could find check every bit of wire I could and still nothing if anyone has had anything similar please please please any advice is very very much appreciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's sure one loooong sentence.;)

I had a similar problem with my 91 van that turned out to be the big connector under the steering column next to the ignition. I don't know if the 93 has it. What part of mesa do you live in?

That sure sounds like something in the main power supply circuits or power distribution has died. Have you checked all of the main fuses in the power distribution box under the hood? Checked the battery cables? Do you have a wiring diagram and a voltmeter so that you can start poking around power distribution?

If you visually checked grounds, that's not good enough. Take an ohmmeter and check from the negative battery terminal to frame, body, and engine block. Also take a voltmeter and check battery voltage, voltage at the fender relay and at the distribution box.

Your ECM is not turning on, you gotta figure out why. Lack of powers and grounds as 2stroke said, faulty relay, faulty ignition switch, blown fuse (if so, check for shorted sensors)...

I have seen this happen on a similar vehicle -- it was the key cylinder/ ignition cyl / pin

check your ecm relay the ecm controls ignition and fuel pump I think.
roscoe

another thought right by the battery is a plug with two big wires. they are the ground to the computer check both ends.
roscoe

Where is the ECM relay ?
I did a Google search, all I found was fuel pump relay, wiper relay etc.., but no ECM relay.

ecm relay is in the power distribution box. mine is a 92 theres been some differences. I think you will see the placement on the bottom of the lid when you remove it.
roscoe

Back