• Register Today It's free!

diesel in first generation sport

metstalker

Reaction score
City, State
Atl, Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Ford Explorer XLT
i was just wondering if anyone has heard of anyone putting a cummins diesel engine in a first generation for explorer sport or an explorer for that matter.. because while walking to class i saw a explorer sport with the words cummins on the back window and a large exhaust pipe coming out of the passenger side right before the rear wheel... and i was able to hear this person start it up and im 100% sure its a diesel... just wondering what you all would think about that set up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There was a guy that I went to trade school with that put a 440 in a Caravan and made it rear wheel drive, so I believe anything can be done!

SVO and myself have talked about installing a diesel from time to time. Cummins makes a 4cyl engine. Powerstroke also has a 4 cyl and a V6 diesel. The 4 cyl is $7k! so I decided against it. The 6cyl's are way too big. Isuzu also has a turbo 4cyl that would make for a great swap.

it really makes me wonder what that person has done to that explorer sport like what tranny and rear end they decided to put on it.

i would imagine that they did something to the suspension

take the diesel Ranger they make for the rest of the world, and copy that. :)

Back