tenikiwon

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Yakima, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 F250/Zuk twins
Here's my thought....

Has anyone swapped a diesel in their Explorer?
Does anyone know of a motor/tranny that might work in an Explorer?
what would a person need to do to swap from gas to diesel?

I'm not 100% serious at this time, and with my limited automotive experiance I don't know what I would be getting into but thought I would post nonetheless.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, I guess I should have searched the topic a bit more. Feel free to delete this one... I think buying a F250 would be better, cheaper, easier..... but well see

Check www.classicbroncos.com and seach around there. A couple of guys have put 4bt cummins into early broncos with a dodge 5sp manual with a granny gear i do believe. Sounds like that is a sweeet swap.

tenikiwon said:
Yeah, I guess I should have searched the topic a bit more. Feel free to delete this one... I think buying a F250 would be better, cheaper, easier..... but well see

Ahhh.. it's been a while since we've had a diesel thread. All the latest info can be compiled in this one. :D

There are adapters out there for the 4 liter Perkins 4cyl diesels. Lots of the Land Rover guys are running them. I have seen them with 700r4 trannys and lots of differrent manual ones.

Back