Difference between BAT1 and COW1 Computers? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Difference between BAT1 and COW1 Computers?

RADIOACTIVE_TOOL_SHED___

Reaction score
City, State
Greensboro north Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ford explorer xlt
Before I put a motor in this thing could someone explain the difference in computers? I looked at the old computer that was in the truck before I replaced it it's actually a remanufactured one from 2005 I'm wondering if the previous owner put the wrong computer in the truck? I have the cow1 computer Mines a 93 non EGR truck I have readings on my scanner for DPF sensor no codes being thrown for it tho reading at 0 so I'm starting to think this thing might have a egr computer in it??? Mine without egr obviously has no DPF sensor so is cow1 for egr?? And bat1 for non egr?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is bat1 for batch fire?? I have red and tan wires for fuel injectors

Yes. Not sure about the other code though.
You think that's my problem? I have a rough idle the computer was replaced before I purchased it and I think they screwed up and got the wrong one

Yes. Not sure about the other code though.

Before I put a motor in this thing could someone explain the difference in computers? I looked at the old computer that was in the truck before I replaced it it's actually a remanufactured one from 2005 I'm wondering if the previous owner put the wrong computer in the truck? I have the cow1 computer Mines a 93 non EGR truck I have readings on my scanner for DPF sensor no codes being thrown for it tho reading at 0 so I'm starting to think this thing might have a egr computer in it??? Mine without egr obviously has no DPF sensor so is cow1 for egr?? And bat1 for non egr?
Anybody know how I can find the proper ecu ? Can I just use a bat1 or do I need a complete matching part number

Bat1 if auto transmission
How could I find out if cow1 is not for batch fire? I don't wanna buy another computer to find out mine was fine also what are your thoughts on 120 psi of compression for lowest cylinder and ap high of 140 PSI

How could I find out if cow1 is not for batch fire? I don't wanna buy another computer to find out mine was fine also what are your thoughts on 120 psi of compression for lowest cylinder and ap high of 140 PSI
120 on the lo side for compression not horrible but onthe lower side, and its more than the 10% difference usually. that being said should still run ok, but not at the peak.

I might do a leak down test might not I'm aware of the problems with the earlier cylinder heads so there getting replaced no matter what, rear main leaks so motor is coming out I might go with rebuilt bc I know this block is good and wasn't run low on oil plus I want everything replaced on it make it like brand new

Back