jasonb

Jackstand Wheeler
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Suwanee, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
I'm a little new to the lift scene..but I want to lift my truck up soon. I see a lot of people with suspension lifts and body lifts. I can make an educated assumption at the difference b/w the two based on the names, but what is the real difference? As in why would you use one over the other, pros and cons of each, etc.? Which should I start with? Its my daily driver also, so I only want to go about 2-3 inches and I already have a receiver on the back. Please enlighten me! Thanks.

The body lift is the cheapest and relativley the easiest. Its only purpose is to allow the installation of larger tires. A suspension lift will (to a point) not only allow the use of taller tires, it will improve the suspension travel (mainly in the rear). If you are only planning to go 2"-3" I recomend starting with a 2" body lift, a set of Warrior shackles and torsion bar twist. This will put you at around 3.25" of lift and give you pleanty of room to run 31's possibly 32's. I would stay away from a 3" body lift. That extra inch makes a lot of difference and oppens a srious can of worms.

Back