Differential fluid change | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Differential fluid change

would it be okay to use a synthetic blend oil?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

No, not for the rear differential. The rear diff requires a "full synthetic" gear oil 75W-140, and you may need to add a tube of "friction modifier" if your diff is a "Limited Slip". "Open" diff doesn't need friction modifier. Unless the label on the bottle of gear oil states it contains a "friction Modifier" already in it, add the friction modifier at least 4 ounces of it.

ExProblems

the coupon code worked, I just ordered 4 quarts of mobil 1 2 for the rear and 2 for the front. Thanks again for saving me 20 bucks.

ExProblems

the coupon code worked, I just ordered 4 quarts of mobil 1 2 for the rear and 2 for the front. Thanks again for saving me 20 bucks.
>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hey Thub, thats great! I wasn't sure if the Advance Auto web site would allow gear oil to be purchased using the coupon cabin codes. I know for sure it didn't for engine oil and filter, but when I phoned their internet web support unit for Advance, the guy I spoke to hooked me up over the phone with a nice discount for my oil and fliter supplies. I got 5 quarts of 5W-30 Mobil 1 Extended Performance oil and a Bosch High Performance oil filter for approx $36. The oil alone sells for $9.19 per quart and the filter sells for $13.49 in the stores, so he saved me over $20. Next time you need oil change supplies, keep that in mind. Call the internet support unit and tell them you tried using an online coupon for oil change supllies and got denied. Maybe they'll give you a discount over the phone like they did for me. Advance has everyday oil change specials (5 qts of oil and a filter) in their stores as well. They usually have a special for every grade of oil and the better grade of oil you buy, the better quality of filter goes with that special. Spend that $20 you saved wisely, like on a case of beer or a lap dance! :D

Back