Direction i should fire Subs? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Direction i should fire Subs?

Mhn3773,

I've personally never heard of rattles themselves affecting bass output levels other than if the baffle (the board the subs are mounted to) is rattling (which would mean loose construction) and therefore nullifying some of the energy the sub would be transmitting to the air.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ahh its prolly just because my cheaply made car rattles so loudly or something :( lol

ahh its prolly just because my cheaply made car rattles so loudly or something :( lol

i am pearsonly waiting for something to fire off of the vehicle =) i will deffinantly get pics

o o expo post the pic of the exploder that u blew the tail gate up on =) that was nice work

I think rattles can reduce the sound of the bass from outside the vehicle. Not that it actually reduces the bass but you can't hear it over the rattling.

i see it as a result of inefficiency, and a leakage of sound. and like you said, the sound of rattles takes away from the music.

i think every car that comes from the factory needs to pass a 100db 40hrz tone for 30 secconds w.o 1 rattle..least the cars would be better made =) lol

and the screws that hold the plastic bumper cover wouldnt rattle off and let half the bumper hang to the ground in traffic :( lol

Back