do all jeep rims fit explorers?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

do all jeep rims fit explorers??

hi , could someone tell me if all jeep rims fit explorers? Im gitn BFG 33x10.5 tyres for my X but the tyre shops tell me i cant fit 33s on my stock 7x16 mag rims. I thought jeep rims in a wider size might be a cheap alternative, Im really spewn that i cant keep my mags!! :mad:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

um a 33x12.5x15 will not fit on a 16" rim.... that said, a 285/75/16 is close to a 33" tire in height, and not too far off in width.... and are available in BFGs

not all jeep rims will fit an explroer, some will, some wont, it's trial and error really..... aftermarket wheels might fit, but really would need t obe testfitted to be sure.... there are a lot of differences that determine if a rim will fit or not.....

dont BFG make 33x10.5x16? or only 33x10.5x15? if so i will have to get some 15" rims. i was hoping jeep rims would fit cause there cheap as chips here.

Hey, I have cheap rims off of a jeep on my explorer that you saw pictures of. As long as the bolt pattern is 5 on 4.5" they will work on your Explorer and I went with 3.75" on the backspacing.

Cherokee and Wrangler wheels will not fit an Explorer, because the center bore is too small. The lug pattern is the same on both, however the backspacing on most Jeep wheels is 5.25", versus 4.625" on most Explorer wheels.

Aftermarket Jeep wheels would probably fit, because most have a "one size fits all" center bore, and less backspacing than stock.

cheerz for ya all ya help, il keep shopping around, i might try the scap yards for some 8x15 Explorer rims. I should be able to fit the 33x10.5x15 BFGoodies on 8" wide rims. Anybody out there wanna send me some 33" tyres?LOL :confused:

hi , could someone tell me if all jeep rims fit explorers? Im gitn BFG 33x10.5 tyres for my X but the tyre shops tell me i cant fit 33s on my stock 7x16 mag rims. I thought jeep rims in a wider size might be a cheap alternative, Im really spewn that i cant keep my mags!! :mad:
Depends on the year

Back