Do i need extended drive shaft with a lift? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Do i need extended drive shaft with a lift?

Yeah, I guess it won't work in the front.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well, i'm getting a superlift kit for the front end, so would i be able to use the ARC shocks in the rear? or would i have to buy new ones?

Ditch the ARC shocks. Add in another $40 for some Gabriels or Sensatracs, and call it done.

When I did the SOA (with a single AAL), my driveshaft was close to falling out, but probably drivable.

do i need AAL with SOA? or is that just for more height? how much should i expect from SOA alone?

Your looking at around 5" of lift in the rear from the SOA. AAL will give you more lift, they are not needed to do a SOA.

I found that my Superlift 6 inch(5.5) looked more level with warrior shackles in the rear as my stock springs had sagged some. But you don't NEED AAL.

well, that scenario might work out good for me, since my front end superlift is only 4" i'm gonna be using TT to catch up to the back end ( around 6" after SOA), so i won't be too worried if the back end is sagging

Back