• Register Today It's free!

Do we have HD radio?

GregV8

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
As I was driving through the city the other day, was listening to some FM channel when that yellow "HD" icon appeared briefly on the touchscreen. Could not notice a difference in sound quality.
Are our radios HD capable?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As I was driving through the city the other day, was listening to some FM channel when that yellow "HD" icon appeared briefly on the touchscreen. Could not notice a difference in sound quality.
The Sony in the Limited is. If you get the artist/song info, it is an HD feed.
There is also Pause and Replay off the Sirius feed. (not on the HD radio)
HD AM radio too. (where available) The HD radio is better quality than the Sirius, in my opinion.

Your MyFord Touch Supplement booklet has some info on HD radio.

Holligl said:
The Sony in the Limited is. If you get the artist/song info, it is an HD feed.
There is also Pause and Replay off the Sirius feed. (not on the HD radio)
HD AM radio too. (where available) The HD radio is better quality than the Sirius, in my opinion.

That's weird. I don't have the Sony system and I did get the HD logo a few times.
And you're right, Sirius' sound quality isn't great.

I have a limited with the Sony system and I don't see any pause and replay features for satellite radio??

How do you access that?

I have a limited with the Sony system and I don't see any pause and replay features for satellite radio??

How do you access that?
Touch the Entertainment quad to get the full screen. There is a bar with "Replay" button. Replay does need to be turned "on". You will then have a Pause and Replay capability. It does not save past a restart. It will also show the bar of how much music is "saved". I think it will go a couple hours, but have only done a few minutes. This is my last month for free Sirius. I will keep the Trafficl and Weather, not sure about the radio.

Back