Does '91 JBL Premium Amp have a fuse on it? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does '91 JBL Premium Amp have a fuse on it?

Brent Duey

Reaction score
I have a Pioneer CD player hooked up to the stock 6x8's (and amp) and a 200 Watt Kenwood and a 15" Rockford Fosgate. When I turn on the CD player the deck illuminates and will act as if it is working but no sound. I was wondering if the stock amp has a fuse on it. I already checked the fuses under the dash and everything looked fine. Going crazy without tunes. Thanks

has it worked before and just stopped working? if you just installed it, its probably because your head unit isn't working with the amps. you need to get a converter. crutchfield sells "soundgate" converters for all explorers with premium systems. i bought one and installed it and have never had any problems. i dont thing there are fuses directly on the amps.

mtxplorer

Thanks for the reply. I did finally get it working (did work before but quit) again. It was the fuse on the back of my deck. Was very simple once I figured the problem. Great to have my stereo back.

Back