Does anyone have the 'LED look' taillights? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does anyone have the 'LED look' taillights?

energie

Reaction score
City, State
Edmonton, AB, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLT
I know theres better things to spend money on, but i wanted to see how these looked on an explorer. i was looking for a black set of taillights with the reverse light on top, but i cant seem to find that pair anymore..
anyway these are the ones im talking about

MTX_98_Explorer_LED_Look_Tails_Blk_09-7008-B_G.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ive always loved those taillights, but never found them for my 92, but now i got a 95, so I wanna see a pair before I buy them, ive seen them on f150s and trucks all over here, but never on an explorer....

they look pretty decent compared to some of the aftermarket ones out there. but iwanna know what they look like before i buy them, you know

Yea, ive seen maybe 2 pairs of aftermarket taillights ive actually liked on the 1st and 2nd gens, but yea I know, thats why Im waiting to buy them...good thread :p:

haha all we have to do is wait for someone who actually has them

LOL I know, i cant even find any on google, type in explorer LED tail lights, and all you get is a bunch of random (non explorer) led tails and theres one 3rd gen that was like 4 pics on every page with them i swear!

LOL I know, i cant even find any on google, type in explorer LED tail lights, and all you get is a bunch of random (non explorer) led tails and theres one 3rd gen that was like 4 pics on every page with them i swear!

i know, i hate it. all you see are random nerds with custom led breadboards and stuff.

i wish i could just find a red lens with more of a euro look replacement, kind of like these ones for the rangers.

o_RSD-200901CRS.jpg

Those are nice, I like the blacked out look, I want something dark, like black...MAYBE the smoked, or carbon fiber style but deff. the LED ones.

are they even LED's i think its just one bulb with a bunch of red lenses isnt it?

i wish i could just find a red lens with more of a euro look replacement, kind of like these ones for the rangers.

o_RSD-200901CRS.jpg

those ones?

no, these ones
(btw thats the closest pic i can find to one on an explorer lol)

20080722060954.FDEL-98TB-X.gif

Idk, they look like LEDs but at the same time, some on that pic just look like a red bulb behind it

Back