Does anyone recognize this hitch? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does anyone recognize this hitch?

I came across this hitch on craigslist and am trying to verify that it will fit my 2000 4-door. The mounting brackets look different from all the other Explorer hitches that I've seen, and I can only find 1 reference to the model # for it on ebay. The seller said it's from a 1997, but I rarely trust people's word on craigslist, as I've so often found them to not know what they're talking about, lol. Anyway, the label on it say Quality S (the brand) and QS-216 (model #). Anyone got any info or know anything about it? I can get it for $30-40, so add $10 for some paint and a little elbow grease, and i'll save about $100 over new...

Attachments

• DSCF8722.JPG
    DSCF8722.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 281
  • DSCF8731.JPG
    DSCF8731.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 278
  • DSCF8734.JPG
    DSCF8734.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 268

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it looks like a hidden hitch but the brackets arent the same as mine

That's the issue i have, the brackets look different from the other pics i've seen online. I'd go look at it and take measurements, but it's almost 2 hours from my house. I'll be driving fairly close to them this weekend and could make a detour if it's worth it though.

Quality S MFG Co. Phoenix, AZ. This company is being sold off this year. They made "No Name" products that were more or less sold under big box store names.

Yeah, I know the company name, but what I'm really looking for is whether or not this hitch will bolt up to my truck. The brackets look different from the other hitches I've seen thus far.

I recognize it. We had one at my work down in a warehouse. It fits 98-01 2dr sport/98-01 4 Dr/98-01 mountaineer.

Thanks, that's what I needed!

No problem.

Back