Dome light only comes on with 2 out of the 5 doors | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dome light only comes on with 2 out of the 5 doors

CTroxtell

Reaction score
City, State
High Point Area, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 EB 304k and counting
Not sure if anyone has ever had this before but my truck is odd, the dome light will only come on if you have the front passenger door or the back gate open. I thought maybe the door jamb switch was bad but the headlight / key in ignition chime will go off if you open the drivers door then proceed to open one of those 2 doors, otherwise it will never make a sound. Anyone have a clue?

Look into the driver's door switch. It is a little different because it is supposed to signal the chime and the dome light. Go to that switch, unplug it and check for 12V on the LightGreen/Yellow wire. It should be there all the time. If so then with the switch disconnected and in door open position, check continuity across all three terminals of the switch. If you do not have continuity to the place were the LightGreen/Yellow wire goes, then the switch is bad. If you like, you can PM me your email address and I will send you an image of the schematic.

Back