Status
Not open for further replies.

Number Twelve

Reaction score
City, State
15 miles west of Tampa Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer XLT
Page 89-1 shows the Interior lamp relay feeding the puddle lamps and through "D" to P89-2 the front dome light. Well, my puddle lamps go off a minute after I shut down the car but the front dome light never goes off. The rear dome lights act like I expect them to. Now, here's the question: Shouldn't the front dome light respond to front doors opening and closing, then shut off when the ignition key turns on, instead of coming on with the puddle lamps and running all the time you are driving at night? Or are the puddle lamps supposed to respond to doors opening and closing and shut off when you turn the ignition key on? Whichever one is true, my front dome light never shuts off.

ps, I also seem to have a battery saver relay stuck "on". The glove box light never goes off if you leave the glove box door open. I only said that in case it is relevant to the dome light.

have you gone though the door wiring, i had a few broken wires in the black boot the larger black wire created alot of have issues with interior lights and the puddle lights.

Problem solved. This Thread was not answered in 8 days, so I tried a different title, got answers, and traced the problem to the microprocessor in the Instrument Cluster. I think I'll try to get a Moderator to lock this Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back