• Register Today It's free!

Don't forget to Dynamat

ACBlessing

Reaction score
City, State
Spokane, WA (eastern Washington state)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mercury Mountaineer
I know lots of us are replacing their speakers but from my experience, spend a little extra and get the Dynamat (sp?) stuff mounted while you're at it.

I did the rear quarters and floor and not only could I no longer hear road noise (especially wet roads) from the rear, I could hear the speaker nuances much clearer. I wish I had done this when I was replacing the door speakers but I'll get around to the doors this summer.

I know Xs aren't supposed to be Lexuses but this stuff sure makes an X just as quiet.

Just a thought.

-AC

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

.......how this, I had to tape my rear wiper and the hatch knob with electrical tape so it would stop making noise, this is after the dynamat on top and rear.

View

Sorry XEddie...you lost me there. What do you mean?

-AC

I doing my entire truck this weekend with that sticky rubber roof liner, pulling it all apart can't wait!

Hey Jason, are you using Ice Guard? How much is it going to cost to do your whole car? Let me know how it goes, because it may be a weekend project for me too.

peace

Mike

dont those stuff smells? especially in the nice hot dallas weather?

Man, that thing's gonna be as quiet as a Lexus

It does'nt smell.I think it's that ice gaurd,it's made by GAF Matrials Corp.Yall remember that stuff that some guy was giving free samples of,well I think this is the same stuff or atleast close to it.I could never find it in Texas but now that I'm in upstate New York,Home Depot carries it.150 sq ft at about 50 dollars.Im doing the whole truck because I need to do a carpet shampoo and I bought all new equipment for my car that needs to go in so I'm killing like ten birds with one shotgun!Oh just remember it's called water watch same as ice gaurd.

considering you have the money to spend to get dynamat.. I've had my car for about 4 years now and I still don't have afermarket door speakres yet.. I can't afford it yet

The guy at the car stereo store said I can get a $5 can at Menards that does the same thing as their spray, your just paying 25 extra dollars for the container graphics. It is just insulation spray you can get anywhere, do it yourself and save alot, I don't know how well it works because I have dynamat but it would be worth a try.

dynamat can make the whole difference in a sound system.

darkfox: i feel ya on that one. with the current gas prices, i cant afford much else

Dynamat rulz,

any way dont explorers have sound-deadening already, does it help <{<{<{RATTLING
my whole back area rattles, and behind where the factory amp is something rattles and sounds like a freakin' cricket, i HATE that sound, im gonna have to break out the crowbar! I also had a problem with the back window wiper rattling, still do just not as noticeable.

stop the <{<{<{<{<{<RATTLING>}>}>}>}>}>

A word of advice when it comes to Dynamat...

Spend the extra money and buy the Dynamat Xtreme series. It works so much better than the Dynamat Original stuff. Also it is about 100% easier to apply. It is also a little thinner than the Original stuff meaning you can apply double layers (if needed, like me) to certain areas without worrying about the panels fitting back on. Dynamat Xtreme is just $10 more for a roll of 4 square feet than a roll of Original Dynamat in the same size. I think it is $25 vs. $35. Basically the Xtreme stuff kicks ass.

Steve

spend the extra money and get 24k gold leaf put all over your doors and windows :p come on guys hhe, this stuff is EXPENSIVE! I can't even afford components right now, much less sound deadening

Darkfox-

doesn't look like to me that your having any money troubles judging by the pics of your truck! he he he

by the way it looks cool w/ the blue neon, r you going to lower it?

PS: I dont have any money either :p

hehehe, I actually thought someone would say that.. but ya gotta have priorities man ;) for real tho.. right now, I just spent $800 on some subs/amp and I'm broke heh, right now eating at a nice restaurant feels expensive..

btw.. for those of you who want sound deadening but don't wanna pay for the dynamat brand.. there is something called high temp mastik. I've been told it is the EXACT same thing.

BLAST! Don't use the GAF water watch,I unrolled it and it had grip type surface like a roof.Does anyone know were to buy that high temp mastic?

www.mcmaster.com is what I'm being told is the location for high temp mastic.. I beleive I've looked for it before, but never found it, that site his hellsih if its the one I thikn it is.. if you find it, feel free to pass on the exact url ;)

a friend of mine is looking up the part # now, I jt went to that site and GEESH! I can't look at that.. makes my eyes hurt! heh

its part # 9709T18

umm, what's Mastic?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

read up like 4 posts.. its dynamat w/o the name on it :p

Back