Door alarm sounding when drivers door is opened | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Door alarm sounding when drivers door is opened

ShaggyRS6

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Limited
Just had my car cleaned and ever since when I turn the car off and then open the drivers door the door alarm will not stop sounding until I shut the door. It also sound when I start the car for a short while.

This never used to happen, maybe the attendant pressed something?

Only happens when drivers doo is opened. Any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just had my car cleaned and ever since when I turn the car off and then open the drivers door the door alarm will not stop sounding until I shut the door. It also sound when I start the car for a short while.

This never used to happen, maybe the attendant pressed something?

Only happens when drivers doo is opened. Any ideas?
Not even sure what the 'door' alarm sounds like. Hopefully it isn't the horn. I don't know what setting could have been changed to cause this issue. One thing you can do is check all the possible settings to see if anything has changed from what you originally had set.

Peter

The door chime? Is the light switch on? (And not automatic)

Thats exactly what it was :p I am a dufus. Was driving me crazy!!!.

Thank!
I guess that is why I haven't heard it before. My lights are always on Auto. Glad it wasn't anything serious. ;):thumbsup:

Peter

Thanks so much guys!!! Its gonna be time to replace the Explorer soon as well. So big decision time.

What to get next!! I'd love a F150 LTD but not sure i can get that for the same payments.

Anyhoos - thanks for the help.

Back