13 sport alarm issue

CHAD93

Reaction score
City, State
HOUSTON,TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
13 EXPLORER SPORT
I need help!!

When opening hatch if i do not unlock doors first alarm will go off either by pushing button on door or key fob.....

Also, the alarm will start sounding if i use remote start about 50% of the time...

Has anyone else had this problem and what was fix!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum CHAD93.:wavey:
I assume that everything was okay before and this just started happening?
There are a couple things you could try. A Master Reset may or may not work. You will however lose some stored memory items such as Nav favourites, radio presets and phone connection. You could also try disconnecting the negative battery cable and leave it off for 15-20 minutes before reconnecting. That procedure will cause your transmission to 'relearn' its shift points as well as the idle and trim features have to be 'relearned'. I suggest that you take it to your dealer and have then check it out.

Peter

I would try rebooting mft. There is a program you can load onto a usb to reboot it... Will come close to master reset without losing everything.

tried mft program still sets alarm off opening trunk with doors locked…

called dealer and they don't know either just said bring it in….

Hi everyone!

While I can't help with your alarm concern, CHAD93, I do want to jump on here to let you all know that a master reset to MyFord Touch will not correct alarm issues. I suggest keeping your appointment with your dealership so they can get this corrected. Don't forget, we also have Crystal here who is our Ford Service rep. :)

Rebecca

Went to dealer and they told me that I would have to push unlock before opening back hatch and push unlock before pushing lock and start button twice to start without alarm going off. In other words they did nothing... It worked fine before it was sent to them for recall on fuel system, but they were no help!

When everything is locked, you should be able to open the liftgate all by itself either with the fob of manually with the liftgate button. No alarms should go off.
I've never had to hit 'UNLOCK' before 'LOCK' to use the remote start either.

Peter

I know, it wasn't like that all winter but now it is. Even asked the service writer that if I went to any other explorer on lot do I have to hit unlock first and he said no... Still no help...

I know, it wasn't like that all winter but now it is. Even asked the service writer that if I went to any other explorer on lot do I have to hit unlock first and he said no... Still no help...

I'd like to look into this to see how I can help, CHAD93. To get things moving in the right direction, PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership. I'll get to work on this. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Back