• Register Today It's free!

door lock wont work.

jawaiianzwyde

Reaction score
City, State
hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 ford explorer
i have a 94 ford explorer and i am having a problem with my driver side back door lock, it wont unlock and i can't open it any help will help me out alot. i wd40 the lock and hindge but still nothing the latch for the door seems to do be open but door will not unlock to open the door.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You might want to take the door panel off and see if the push rods are binding up and why. Take out the inside handle and try moving the rods until it frees up. Something has to be jammed unless your truck is unusually rusty. A little to many surf wheelin trips?

Does the lock solenoid try to work? I am assuming you cannot open the door at all?

yea i took off the inside panel the inside rod moves but the rod for the outside handle does not. i sprayed the mech were the out side rod connects but it wont free up. As for as the lock mech is concerned it doesn't unlock all the way it try's but nothing. it is not rusted its just frozen and for some reason it wont release.

You might have to force it some how. The push rod is probably bowing and not moving what it needs to move. Probably once you move the mechanism, it will loosen up.

Good luck, you may have to replace the latch eventually.

ok ill keep at it then. yea im gonna change them all out just to be on the safe side. thanks for da info.

Try lifting up on the door somehow. I'm thinking maybe door sag is causing it to bind.

dam still nothing i leveled up the door had a little sag and still nothing any other way?? i have tried so much ways it just doesn't want to free up.

Is the door solidly closed, or half closed? Like the latch is not all the way shut? Is there any way to gently pry on the door while trying the actuate the latch? I will look at some extra doors I have laying around and see if I can figure something out as to why this thing locked up on you.

yea its like half shut the door moves slightly. i tried having someone pry the door a bit from the out side while i played with the latch mec inside. the door still stuck shut.

Back