• Register Today It's free!

Door Panel Drama....

StrongerThanDef

Reaction score
City, State
Milford, Connecticut
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
Actually the title is a bit unrealistic. I have a 93 XLT which is holding up extremely well for the most part. Recently (the last 2 days) I've run into problems with the driver side door. When I bought my X the drivers side door was slacking a bit, it didn't want to close all the way because the bushings in the hinges were worn out, which is common. Of course, not having the highest of paying jobs wasn't helping so I never got it replaced.

Well about a month ago me and my girlfriend were out and she wanted to drive the X so like a nice guy I let her, well I ended up falling asleep, and when I come out to my X the following morning, the door HANDLE the part that goes to the door panel, was broken. I wasn't mad or anything because it was cracking since I got the car, but I'm wondering is there a replacement part for that, or do I have to buy a whole new panel? I'm talking about the vinyl door handle, not the plastic door latch.

I think the strain from pulling the door a bit harder to get it to close eventually did it in. Likely my fault, any advise guys?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

there is.... www.jcwhitney.com has them, but you can probably find them cheaper on www.ebay.com

give me a few minutes... i will find pictures for you.....

Attachments

• handle.jpg
    handle.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 195

awesome

I never really liked e-bay though, I don't wanna get ripped off, hows the reliability? And will these work since my car has power windows, and power locks? I don't want to get stuck with something I don't need.

I have the same problem. Most of the parts are grey so I will have to paint mine mocha. The part in the picture will snap fit into the complete panel. It might be better to find a complete inside panel.

local salvage yard is always an idea.
should be pretty cheap, these things are rarely asked for by body shops or insurance companies.

Back