door speakers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

door speakers

Reaction score
City, State
Clemson and Orangeburg, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Eddie Bauer 4x4 4dr
Gotta question.....Got a new 45x4 watts cd player.....dont think factory amp is working due to the fact that the speaker with it doesnt work and that the door speakers have no bass.......will bypassing that amp make my factory speakers sound better with the new cd player?

Also, if i get new speakers can someone give me a quick run down of what you do to replace them......Does the whole door panel have to come off or just the speaker grill? And what are the best sounding speakers for the 93 4drs?

What is the best way to get the lift gate panel off so i can put some dyna mat down. THE RATTLES ARE INSANE!

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1)if you bypass the factory amp, the speakers will sound MUCH better.

2)the whole door panel has to come off.

3)best sounding speakers.... it's really a matter of personal opinion. a good component set will sound the best, but you cant power it with your headunit. you need an external amp. Polk DX7's are great speakers that sound good off the headunit. they have nice midbass responce. Kenwood Excelons are also nice.

4)there are plastic clips around the whole panel. pop them off with a butter knife, or panel removal tool. then take out the screw by the lock. the slide it off (there are plastic clips holding it on that are built into it, so it must be slid off).

good luck..

thanks

Thanks that was very helpful.....the speakers you are talking about that the head unit wont run, are they door speakers? Im looking to not have a box in my car like i do now, and the only reason i do now is cuz my door speakers dont have any bass, but hopefully that will change when i bypass the amp.

One more question, can you buy the cubby holes that go in the explorers that dont have factory amps....you know with the nets so you can store small stuff?

Re: thanks

Originally posted by ClemsonXplorer
One more question, can you buy the cubby holes that go in the explorers that dont have factory amps....you know with the nets so you can store small stuff?

mt explorer came with a factory amp, and it also had the storage space you are talking about. i think the cheapest place you'll find one is in a junkyard (maybe from a rolled explorer). ford parts network will be a lot more expensive.

JUst one thing, If you have subs in your car, than you generally dont want bass coming out from your speakers in your doors, cause this will distort your music. But the polks are real good speakers, didnt like them at first, but now I got everything working perfect and they sound great with my subs.

response

if i only want door speakers, but want them to sound really good, it looks like component is the best way to go......When talking about component speakers, is it YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR?

Can you buy tan pop ins to replace the broken ones from a local ford dealer?

Back