"Dora" the explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

"Dora" the explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Photo0141.jpg

Photo0142.jpg

Photo0094.jpg

Photo0183.jpg

Photo0563.jpg

Photo0590.jpg

Photo0592.jpg

20120705_152433.jpg

20120813_115511.jpg

20130810_141553.jpg

I saw the video. Good job resurrecting Dora.

Welcome to this forum! Did the lower frame have damage? How many hours did it take to fix? You did a nice job on it.

Thank you for the welcome! Surprisingly there was no lower frame damage, it took more hours than i can count to do all the work. Since i only worked on it during the warm seasons and ive slowly been adding things its taken about two years to get it where its at right now. To get it to be driveable again took about two months. The hardest part was by far pulling and straightening the front end to get the hood to fit.

We used a floor anchored frame pulling machine

That sounds interesting. Is it computerized or manually controlled? Do you have a picture of it? Maybe you could make a how to thread in the body shop section of this site on how to set one of those machines up.

This is what it looks like

bra70070.jpg

You hook it up to an air hose, and step on the petal to pull it. The puller attaches to the car via many different attachments like hooks, clamps, or welded plates. The car needs to be anchored to the ground as well as the puller.

Back