Double Din

5bigdaddy5

Reaction score
City, State
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Sport Trac 4X4 XLT
Hi, newbie here.
Just purchased a 2004 Sport Trac XLT and want to replace the boring factory stereo. Did not come with the Pioneer 9 speaker system.
I have been told by Vision, Future Shop and others that the double din nav systems won't fit (don't want the motorized display as it looks to cover the venting). I am looking at either the JVC KW-NX7000 or the Pioneer AVICF90BT
Has anyone been successful in installing these? Pictures/advise would be appreciated.

Or does anyone know of an aftermarket bracket that can be used to make the Sport trac a double din ?
Thanks,
D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I put a f700bt?? in,
deck is really short, glued a block to the back of the rail to stop it from falling in/back.
deck is narrow but slightly taller, so I filed clearances to the top and bottom of the trim - this locates it left/right
Ends up fitting well, lots of room to play.
If I remember, this post will be updated tomorrow with pic.

easy install if you have a steady hand doing the filing.

avicf700bt.jpg

adding GPS antenna location pic and without bezel pic
f700btnavantenna.th.jpg

f700btnofaceplate.th.jpg

Thanks,
Gonna run around tomorrow and see if any installers have the bracket and are willing to do the mod for me ( too cold to-do outside without a garage..hehe)

i have a pioneer d3 fit in my sport the trim kit for it i could only find on ebay under a ranger search. it fits great you have to trim your stock radio bezel with a dremel or mini grinder but i will put pics up soon to show it

Ended up with the Pioneer F90BT, will have it installed Feb 5th. I will post pics once it's in..and also advise on how I like it

Actually also looked at the Kenwood DNX5120, liked the Pioneers features and since it's had the software upgrade looks it seemed to run smoothly in the demo unit. Hope my BlackBerry doesn't have any synch problems...hehe:D

thanks for the support.

go to avic411.com for support/mods for the deck
- software park brake hack is popular
Pioneer also put out a firmware update recently, so the f700 I have works a lot better.
check the deck's firmware when it's installed

Thanks, been on the site, another reason why I went with the Pioneer.

I just picked up a Pioneer Z2 for my 02 Sport trac ! Should look pretty awesome , once I finally get it in there !!

Back