• Register Today It's free!

Double Limo Tint??

Slick

Reaction score
City, State
Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Sport 2wd
Currently I have 5% limo tint all around (other than windshield of course). However I can still see in the front 2 windows a little bit, which of course I dont want. If i got another sheet of limo tint on those front 2 would it make it a lot darker than currently or what? let me know any info you guys have, and yes, i know it is very illegal.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why do you want such dark tint? I am not a tint expert, but having two sheets of tint on your windows might cause a problem with the rolling up and down of the window. Not to sure, but it could happen...

Yes, you can put another layer on, it's been done before. Just wait extra long to roll your windows down after you do it, because it will take longer for a strong bond to occur because it's not being directly applied to the glass, it's using the first tint layer as the foundation. It will be very dark.

i have it on mine so yes, you can do it, it will make it darker, also the reason the back windows are darker is because you probably have stock privacy glass.

its a mirror like tent

Why dont you just paint your front windows black? :D

HAHA thanks guys for the feedback. I do want it to be really dark just because i like no one seeing what i have in my car and also not being able to see me AT ALL when i'm next to them at the light. Ya i have the privacy glass on the back already and the limo so u cant see in at all in the back. but the front 2 u can still see in sometimes. I think i'll prolly do it

do u have pictures of your explorer with the limo tint all around over the privacy glass? im about to get my car tint and i may do the same thing, i am just curious how it will look with the mirriored privacy glass underneath in the back. or u could email me a pic if you have one but cant post it at cush007@hotmail.com

Sorry no pics, i can say tho that it really looks good. U'd be happy if u did it!

Hey check my sig and on my site you will see my truck which has double limo with the privacy, oh yeah sign the gb

Hey Adam, I just visited your site. Do the other two Explorers in the group picture have deep tinting all around on their windows too?

not being able to see me AT ALL

How the hell do you see out? :eek:

I have trouble seeing at night with my 15%.

tell me which explorer exactly you are talking about, they both have different tint jobs. oh yeah and i cant see well out of mine at night.

Originally posted by Adam Foote
tell me which explorer exactly you are talking about, they both have different tint jobs. oh yeah and i cant see well out of mine at night.

It looked like both had very dark windows, so I was just wondering if they did the same % as you, but you say they are different.:)

this post reminded me of a tint job one of my friend's did on his truck YEARS ago.

it was 5% ALL the way around, including the front windshield. the first night he went cruising w/ his new tint, he and another one of my friends both wore white shirts and white hats. when they pulled up, you could see nothing inside.

the funny thing is, he had it this way for a month with no problems. then, a week after he peeled the tint off of the windshield, he got an illegal tint ticket.

proof positive that cops are people,too.

they defy all logic.

haha... my buddy has a rodeo with that problem. He has an amp rack with three RF 800a2s and the only way that he knows he's looking out the back window at night is because he can see the power LED on the amp in his rear view mirror. haha.

I have the legal limit in Wisconsin

I had a rainbow effect on my fog lights and they were blue when looked at straight ahead and a rainbow effect on the ground in front of the truck and I got pulled over from the cops 4 times and the first two times they said my windows were illegal and I needed to take the tint off. I was on my way and to this day I still have my tint on the windows and I got rid of the blue lights and havent been pulled over since. The cops said my tint was illegal and it is not illegal because it is the legal limit in Wisconsin

I would not recomend that dark of tint. I have (had.. sold it yesterday) a 91 civic... it had 3 layers of limo tint all the way around and 17% all the way down the front windsheild. you could put your head on the front windseild and still not see in... I loved it. drove like that for 3 years.. probably $1000 in tickets... but very dangerous.. i had 2 set of foglights just to see the road at night.... I wouldn't do it again though.... i would leave it the way it is.. or tint the whole windshield 50%.. that will give it just enough to make the side totally dark

I have double-ply limo. It looks good but when i am driving at night i cant see a damn thing. Think about tinting your front window. They have a special gloss film that you can see out of just as good as if it where not there. By blocking out the light coming in the front window it should make your front windows look like your back ones. i have a lunar 50% on my front window and it looks good. you cant really tell its on. But then again you cant see in the vehcial at all.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back