• Register Today It's free!

Window Tinting in ARIZONA

Slick

Reaction score
City, State
Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Sport 2wd
Hi everyone, I live in tempe, AZ and I just got my windows tinted LIMO 5% all around except the passenger/driver door glass because I guess the law is 35% on those 2. Does anyone here from AZ know where I can get th 5% on the doors at? I can't find out over the phone because its illegal and no one will say yes. Please let me know! thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How are you going to drive with 5% all around? You won't be able to see **** at night :p

You can have a 35% on the front? In Cali we have to have no less than 70%. I would think that a 35% would be plenty dark enough. Besides, when a hot girl drives up next to you, don't you want her to see you:D

Originally posted by KEbert
You can have a 35% on the front? In Cali we have to have no less than 70%. I would think that a 35% would be plenty dark enough. Besides, when a hot girl drives up next to you, don't you want her to see you:D

Tint on front windows is illegal in Cali, dude.

Dude you wont see **** at night. I had 5% on the sides and rear window on my mustang. I kept backing up into **** becuase i couldnt see.

I know a guy here is Sierra Vista, that will do it but he'll charge you $100 per window and its off the books so if you get a ticket for it you have know way of blaming it on him.

$100 a window is a bit steap, why go to Pep Boys or Checkers and buy some 5% tint and do it your self. It will be a whole lot cheaper, like $20 for both windows instead of $200.

Holly **** !!! $100 per window !!! That has got to be the biggest rip off i have ever seen. If they are doing it off the books it should be cheaper because if it starts peeliing or some other problem your screwed because you cant go back and complain because you have no proof you had it done there.

Window tinting looks easy but it is extremly hard to do the right way ... especially for an amature. I guarentee that if you do it yourself you will have a bunch of air bubbles unless you know exactly what your doing.

A $100 is expensive, but think of it from his point of view. He is doing you an illegal favor, in which if he were to get caught, he would loose his window tint distributors and be force to close his shop. I talked to him a while back and he said one of the main reasons he charges so much was to discourage people from doing it.

The trick to doing window tint is to use lots and lots of water on the window when applying the tint. Use a good squeegee and always work from the middle of the window to the edge, try and remove as much water as possible. Once the tint is applied move the vehicle to a sunny spot for a couple of hours. Every 30 minutes or so check on the tint and work out any bubbles with the squeegee. DO NOT roll down the windows for at least 24 hours. Follow these guides and take your time and you should be really happy with the results.

You probably won't find someone willing to tell you over the phone that they will do something illegal for you. Only word of mouth will get you to a shop that will do it for you. A word of caution though, AZ DPS does carry light meters and they will ticket you if they see you. A guy at work was ticketed for illegal tint. He was originally stopped for violating the HOV lane so I don't know if they can stop you just for tint or not. He pulled the tint off his window before his court date so the judge dismissed that portion. Was still a hassle though since he had to take a day off work.

tint

I have a 91 explorer EB .. red, and I have every window including driver and passenger done with 5%. sure it was a little darker at night but I never backed into or hit anything. personally I love it. makes the truck look really clean and nice. It is illegal in NJ, but it isnt hard to find someone who will do it. Although so many people have it around here. Especially the ricers. I had the whole truck done (all 4 doors, rear cargo windows, back window, and a drop on the front windshield) for 200$. I got a hell of a deal.

-Rolf

i didn't go that dark, but arizona tint or something or another, just south of broadway on mill will do it illegally (i know 'cause mine is and i even got a warranty on it) or else you can have me do it in a couple of weeks, i did my girlfriends and it turned out pretty good. i just couldn't pass up having a warranty on something that i could be ticketed for. if i get a ticket i know how i'm arguing it, and i will get away with it.

Originally posted by expo5.0
if i get a ticket i know how i'm arguing it, and i will get away with it.
How is this done? Share with us ;)

EXPO5.0, how much do u think they will charge to do my 2 windows? also how would u fight the ticket?

i will blame the people who did it for me and didn't tell me it was illegal. the judge will then tell me that as long as i remove it the ticket will not stand. i have a friend who did the same thing. if a shop does something illegal that you can prove they did and they can't prove you knew it was illegal most judges don't make you pay.

and two windows will be 130 to 150 dollars with a lifetime warranty

But that is entirely up to the Judge's discretion. Ultimately the owner of the vehicle is responsible for what is on their vehicle, regardless of who put it on there. I would think that a Judge using compassion and common sense would dismiss the ticket if the owner was sincere about not knowing it was illegal. Then again you might wind up getting a Judge that got into a fight with his Wife that morning and be hell bent on making everyone pay. When my friend got his tint ticket (issued by AZ DPS on the 202 in Phoenix), he pulled his tint off his front doors before his court date. His Judge dismissed the ticket after going outside to verify that the tint was removed.

You dont usually get a ticket ... i have two friends that got pulled over for tint ... they simply got a 5 day tag in which they had to remove the tint in 5 days and then go to a inspection station and have them fill out a form saying that they saw your car with the tint removed.

Well I checked out the place expo5.0 was talking about,and the guy wanted $170 to do just the front 2 windows, wayyyy too much! So I went to a place in scottsdale and he did them limo for $70. He was really cool too. And while i was getting mine done a cop was actually geting his personal car done limo all over (3000gt) so i'm not too worried about tickets!

was it theguy with the ponytail? sorry my tip didn't work outbuti'm glad you got itdone

i read somewhere online that the legal limit for front window tint in cali is 35%.

slick, same thig happened to a friend of mine. he recently bought a 98 SVT cobra from the deputy sheriff of the city next to us, and the sherrif had already put 5% limo tint all around. my friend was talking to the sherrif while his dad was checkin out the car, and while his dad couldnt hear, the sherrif was telling my friend about all the diffrtrny cars he could beat in street races. some po-pos are cool :bounce:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

expo ya it was him. he was realy nice just too expensive

Back