Dpfe Egr Sensor | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dpfe Egr Sensor

I too got a code 1401 which is the DPFE I went to Advance Auto and the told me it was the EGR valve change that and it will go away GUESS what NOT so i blew 40.00 for no reason and now still need DPFE Going Elsewhere to get it

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i replaced mine in about 3 mins cleared codes so i am goo to go

thanks

Don't just believe those blow-hards, do some research here first.

Don't just believe those blow-hards, do some research here first.

well it did make sense what thak said aboutg it being electronic vs manual part to me so I did it well now both are replaced! no more codes for now

grrrrrrrrr... can't get the old sensor out. all of you who said it took 3 mins, do you have king kong's arms? I have an 02 4.6L V8, and that sensor is located right in the center of the firewall.

So I was having difficulty removing the sensor from the 2 rubber hose, someone showed me a better way of doing the job right (for those who knew this already may wish to just ignore this post). I'm back posting this 411 as a reference to those who might need help removing the DPFE Egr sensor in the future.
1) unplug the wiring set from the sensor
2) remove the sensor AND the 2 hoses altogether from the 2 metal lines (pull from the base of the 2 rubber those towards the metal hose)
3) twist off the 2 rubber hoses from the old plastic sensor unit
4) attach the 2 rubber hoses to the new sensor unit
5) attach the entire unit altogether to the 2 metal lines
6) plug in the wiring set

Hope this info will help those who are not too mechanically incline

I replaced mine in the Autozone parking lot in about 5mins cleared the code and off we went. Still holding strong since last summer I think.

STU

05 Mountaineer 4.0 flex 194K ( EGR CODE )

My CEL came on the other day and got the code checked and was told it was showing the EGR was the problem, but the guy at AutoZone said it was most likely the DPFE.

My question.. If I bought a new EGR does it come with the Sensor or are the 2 separate parts? I've read some of the threads and it seems they are all regarding older Models so just wanted to find out exactly.

I couldnt find any listings from AZ or Advance or RockAuto for the DPFE sensor just an EGR.

They are two separate parts. Don't buy the chain store DPFE's, they are notoriously short lived. Buy Ford or Motorcraft. They can be found on eBay for a reasonable price.
MOTORCRAFT LOOKUP

DPFE15 EGR DELTA PRESS FEEDBACK (DPFE) SENSOR - (4.0L & 5.0L)
F48E-9J460-BB, -F77E-9J460-AB

CX1742 EGR Valve (5.0L)
F55E-9D475-A1A, A4A

CX1631 EGR Valve (4.0L)
F77E-9D475-E2A,F2A

Thanks for the information. I checked out that site and others and can't find a DPFE sensor listed, just the harness and connector tubes and the EGR itself. It looks like from pictures that the sensor is part of the valve itself.

I just posted the part numbers, separate part numbers, for what you're asking, right off of the site I linked. I don't understand your not finding that info. Do you have the 4.0L v6 or the 5.0L v8?

Here is a visual:
DPFE15

CX1742

CX1631

Thanks for the information. I have 05 Mountaineer with the v6 4.0 flex engine. I was checking the application guide and it cuts
off at 01' for the Mountaineer. I called FORD and they said its one-complete unit, which is probably the reason I was not able to find it on RockAuto or any other site.

I have 05 Mountaineer with the v6 4.0 flex engine.

Since it says 98 Mountaineer under your name to the left and in your profile I thought you were looking for one for that, silly me.

You need a CX2102 EGR Valve 4L2E-9Y456-H3A 5L2Z-9D475-A as per the site I linked to.

Hello all! I am also having a similar problem on my '94 XLT.

I have a '94 XLT with a CEL that has been on for some time now. I recently replaced the DPFE sensor with a duralast brand part from autozone. The CEL light went off after replacing the DPFE and it stayed off for about two weeks up until the other day the CEL came back on! This light has been driving me crazy for some time now and I am wondering if the autozone part may have been defective and/or I need to replace the actual egr valve itself. Should I only be replacing these parts with genuine motorcraft parts?

Does anyone know more?

Thanks

there are two dpfe sensors. (differential pressure feedback egr) One is smaller and more square, while the other is larger and rectangle as the one pictured above. Neither of which are interchangeable with eachother. Also AutoZone used to carry them but have stopped for a reason that none of them care to discuss. The ford part numbers were 4U7Z-9J460-AA for the square one and 4L3Z-9J460-AB for the rectangle one. These part numbers are a few yrs old as I have not worked in the dealerships for the last 4 yrs but if ford has superceded these part numbers, these will still pull up.The number on your old one is an ID number and if given to your local ford dealership or local parts store, can be cross referenced to the actual part number. As for replacing the EGR valve it's not needed. Keep your old one, remove it and clean it. The chambers get partially clogged with carbon deposits and throw the erroneous code for insufficient EGR flow. You can also get a can of SeaFoam from the auto parts store for <$10.00 and follow the directions for cleaning the carbon deposits within the combustion chambers via your main vacuum line at your power brake booster. Lotsa white smoke outta the exhaust pipe and the possibility of causing CEL to illuminate but you can go to AutoZone and get it turned off.

Taurus DPFE question by Elite member

I'm bad. Thought the last post was in 2012, not 2011

Hi,
My wife has a 02 Taurus, 24valve Duratec engine. She has had this code for awhile. OK, I've been busy with my Explorer!:D
Anyway, I have cleaned out the ERG, and have checked the hoses, all which are good.
What would be the best way to proceed? Some posts say low voltage, possibly a bad ground.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Ron

Back