Dpfe Egr Sensor | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dpfe Egr Sensor

If you have the V-6 engine, the part you need is # 4U7Z-9J460-AA.

Go to ford-parts.com and enter the part number in the search box. The part costs $37.00 and takes about a minute to install.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just a wierd note on the DPFE sensor

I changed the DPFE (Delta Pressure Feedback EGR) sensor on my 2000 Mountaineer 5.0 and then had the engine running very rough. I checked for new codes and was getting a P0351 (Ignition Coil Primary A / Secondary Circuit Malfunction) and P0352 (Ignition Coil Primary B / Secondary Circuit Malfunction). Now I had not gone near the ignition coils while changing the DPFE sensor so I was stumped. Just to rule out the sensor I unplugged the new sensor and plugged in the old sensor (without remounting it or connecting the vacuum lines to it) and the engine started running smoothly again. I then plugged the new DPFE sensor back in and the engine continued to run smoothly. Not sure why this happened. I had disconnected the battery and unplugged the main computer harness prior to replacing the DPFE. But just though I would pass this on in case it happens to anyone else.
By the way a good description of the DPFE sensor can be found at:http://rockledge.home.comcast.net/RangerPictureGallery/FordEGRSystem.htm

DPFE was easy to change

By the way the DPFE was very easy to change on the 2000 Mountaineer. It is attached the the intake manifold right next to the EGR valve on the back of the engine. Took less than 30 minutes.

MACNEEZY_XLT said:
I Just Signed Up For This Forum Today And I What Probaly Sounds Like A Dumb Question Is: Where Can I Find A Dpfe Sensor On-line? I Trying Searching For It For Hours It Seems Like. I Have A 2002 Explorer Xlt With 84,000 Miles On It With The Ses Light On And It Is Giving Me A P1400 Error Code. The Thing Is Im Stationed Over In Germany And The German Ford Dealership Is Telling Me It Is Going To Take A Week To Fix And Will Cost Around 320 Euros (like 400 Dollars): From Everything I Have Read It Just Seems Alot Easier To Do It Myself. If I Can Find Where To Find It On-line

Thanks For Any Info,
Mac

You can find it at autozone.com under the name EGR VALVE PRESSURE SENSOR. Don't know if they will ship to Germany.

Mac,
I just replaced the DPFE on now my daughter's Explorer. It took an entire 10 minutes to include hooking up the OBD2 tool and erasing the code P401 it was giving. Let me know if you haven't found the part on-line. I think I was able to order from Autozone when I was in Italy. If not, it was another auto parts store. I know how it is being overseas. I just got back from the Middle east 2 days ago and am catching up on things that need fixing here at home.

2002 Sport Trac engine Surge

I',m having a problem with the engine surging acting like its going to quit when I come to a stop or if it is just idling. Any help on this matter. V6

Welcome to this forum! I think that your air bypass valve, or otherwise known as an idle air control solenoid might be starting to go. It is located on the side of the throttle body. Here is a picture of it:
3661iac_before_low_res.jpg

New to this forum. I'm glad I found it. I too have error code P1400. I had previously changed the EGR Valve and Selenoid. Hopefully the DPFE is the key.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the advise and information on this thread.

I was getting codes P0401 and P1400 on my Pocket Scan tool. Replaced the EGR valve, but the check engine light came back on in about a day or so.
So I hit the WWW and found this site. Changed out the dpfe Egr pressure
feedback sensor for about $32 and I've driven three days without the blasted check engine light coming on. THANKS guys !!:cool:

Maynard: Is yours the V6 or V8 and where did you get your DPFE for $32?
BTW - I agree - this is a GREAT site for us Ford Owners!

I bought the Dpfe Egr pressure feedback sensor at Advance Auto Parts.
It was a replacement for Ford Part # 4U7Z-9J460-AA. The part is mfg'd by BWD (Part EGR 631 on the top of the box).
Take care

Sorry left out what engine is in the truck.

I have the V-6 non-flex fuel.

Thank you Maynard !!!

is it the same issue for the 4.6 l? i'm having a ,ses, on my explorer 2002 4.6 and the reseller tell me that the egr valve was gone.....

Yes its the same part sensor thought the part may be somewhat different for the 4.6 vrs the 4.0. I replaced mine on a 4.6 last June. The worst part of the job was trying to get the old one off. The two little pipes tend to get struck on the engine and sensor due to heat and time.

Buy the DPFE Sensor and try that first. I pulled the same error codes after replacing the EGR Valve ,so I had to spring for the DPFE Sensor. Advance Auto Parts had it for less than $35. Easy to change out. No error codes NOW!!

Take care,

I don't trust aftermarket Ford DPFE sensors. I had bad luck with them. I know there is a huge difference in cost, but I had issues with them on my brother's 97 Explorer and my neighbors 2000 Windstar.
If you got lucky with an aftermarket sensor, I have to say good for you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i bought an dpfe egr sensor from a ford dealer for about 85$ canadian and it's very easy to change i had the p1400 issue and that make the job on, no ever ses, good luck to you

Back