DPFE woes!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

DPFE woes!!!!

Reaction score
City, State
Southern Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 xlt
Can anyone help? The DPFE blew off both hoses and melted a few parts...my wife said it had been running poorly all week and at the last would not go over 35mph....I repaired everything, replaced the DPFE sensor and bought silicone hoses from the dealer...The vehicle started and ran fine at idle....I cleared the codes and let it run in the shop for 20 minutes and everything seemed fine...I started up the drive and it blew the larger hose off the DPFE...I put a clamp on both ends and tried again...When I got out onto the road I realized it had no power, and then it blew both hoses off the DPFE again, this time busting the new large hose.....

I thought I saw a post about the converter being clogged causing this, but cannot find it now.....Anyone have any iformation about this?

thanks Dennis

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome dennis that sux about ur explorer

Definately sounds like you have and exhaust blockage. The bad dpfe is common but i ran mine for six months with a bad one and it never came off the hoses. I could still cruise up the freeway at 75mph too so check out that exhaust im sure its plugged some where.

Back