DPFE hoses - where do they connect? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

DPFE hoses - where do they connect?

Reaction score
City, State
In the Middle
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Ranger 5.0
'97 XLT 5.0 AWD

It looks like there are two hoses that connect to my DPFE and two hoses that connect to the metal EGR tube from the exhaust manifold. Do both hoses from the egr tube go to the DPFE? If not, what are the correct places for the hose conections.

My local Napa has regular vacuum hose and fuel line... so I still have to locate the rubber lines I need. Do the rubber lines (hoses) have a name? What should I ask for?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Both hoses connect to the egr tube-

spacerinstall_037_Medium_.jpg

spacerinstall_031_Medium_.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply and the pics!

Is that a special hose in your pics or just fuel line? Do I need to go to Ford and get the correct hoses?

Thanks, I'll run up to Napa and buy some standard-type fuel line.

Ford didn't leave much room behind the intake to work on this... it looks like a lot of fun. :D

Ford didn't leave much room behind the intake to work on this... it looks like a lot of fun. :D

No they didn't. It was fun changing my EGR valve. Got to pop it out again and replace the tube because it leaks now. :rolleyes:

I know this is an ancient thread but where is that white and red hose running to on either end? Im having trouble finding out where these go.

Back