Drag Link rubber boot (center link) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Drag Link rubber boot (center link)

Hammer1

Reaction score
City, State
Tucson AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT
I posted in the 91-94 section with no answers yet so I am taking a shot here. My drag link which comes off the pitman arm and goes to the passenger side (the real looong one) had its rubber boot/dust cover torn off when I put a new power steering seal in. Are there any replacement kits or repair kits for the boot or am I stuck with buying an entire new or used drag link? Thanks...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm unsure if they sell drag link boots, but wonder if the tie rod boot would work ok...(most autoparts stores cary them.)

When i bought the Energy suspention bushing kit it came with replacement boots for all the tierod ends.

You can replace them with any boot... all 4 boots were the same that came in my kit.

Had to replace mine when we did the lift. Got the energy 2 pack and a friend split them.

Auto parts store or onlline??

Oh yeah, is the tie rod end the same as the pitman arm end? Too tired to go out and look....

Back