• Register Today It's free!

Driver seat base motor

alg

Reaction score
City, State
jacksonville, fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 explorer xlt
’02 Explorer seat won’t move fore/aft. The seat assembly has multiple motors for adjustments. I understand that just one motor cannot be changed out. Anyone got a source for the motor and instructions for the change? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine won't move back and forth because the Frame is broken. Ford wont weld it, so I just got it into a good position and that's where it stays.. No help on where to get a motor other than a salvage yard or E-Bay..

’02 Explorer seat won’t move fore/aft. The seat assembly has multiple motors for adjustments. I understand that just one motor cannot be changed out. Anyone got a source for the motor and instructions for the change? Thanks.
I am assuming that you have found that the fore/aft motor has power going to it and is not responding. My passenger seat stopped operating last spring. I removed the seat and found that a nail had become lodged in the track causing it to jam.

I got a whole seat from a wrecking yard. The cover was different from mine (leather vs. cloth) so I swapped the covers from my seat to the replacement. Not a difficult job, but some of the seat mounting bolts can be difficult to access if you can't move the seat.

I just recently did this on my Navigator, the gear stripped out. So check first if it's the motor or the gear.. the gear is made of plastic and easily gets stripped. Junkyard is your best source... row52.com

Back