• Register Today It's free!

Driver side door lock.

bazzasford

Reaction score
City, State
calgary, AB
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 ford explorer sport
I have another issue.. I have remote door locks and my driver side door doesn't unlock wen the door is closed. It unlocks and locks fine wen the door is open. The closing mechanism rattles wen I unlock the door wen the screw is loose that holds it in and if I tighten the screw up the lock doesn't unlock.

I have looked at it inside and thought I needed a new locking mechanism but now I found out that it works with the door open and that screw loose it seems like its just catching on something..

I have another issue.. I have remote door locks and my driver side door doesn't unlock wen the door is closed. It unlocks and locks fine wen the door is open. The closing mechanism rattles wen I unlock the door wen the screw is loose that holds it in and if I tighten the screw up the lock doesn't unlock.

I have looked at it inside and thought I needed a new locking mechanism but now I found out that it works with the door open and that screw loose it seems like its just catching on something..

First try spraying a lot of WD40 into the latch mechanism. Might have to take off the door panel to get some into the latch from that direction. The lock mechanism is inside the latch and it gets bound up with age/rust. Eventually, you may have to replace the latch mechanism - which is a PITA.

Ye thanks mate I've sprayed wd-40 in there a bit it's so hard to get right in there because its so covered up. Probably will just have to replace it. Thanks

Back