driver's door window bracket came unglued | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

driver's door window bracket came unglued

LukeDog3D

Reaction score
City, State
Lafayette, Louisiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport
Howdy

What type of glue do you fellers figure would bond my driver's side door window glass to the little metal bracket that holds it? It came unglued....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine did the same, caused the motor to burn out too, I fixed it by using a q-tip and some Liquid Nails, probably better stuff to use out there, but it worked fine. Be generous with it, then roll the window up for at least 24 hours. Oh and with the glass pulled out of the bracket, pinch it to make it fit tighter against the glass.

Try JBWeld.

The correct thing to use is Window Urethane. You can get small tubes at the better Auto parts stores. Be careful. Anything the black urethane touches will be stained forever. Probably not a big deal with the small squeeze tube, but I had a caulking gun tube explode and ruined a door panel. :rolleyes:

thanks guys

use urethane, and as the previous poster stated, use caution. mineral spitits will get it off most things before it dries.

Back