Clarke

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer '93 XLT 4x4 4L
my driver side door window switchs work on all the windows
but the other door switchs dont.
the window lock on the driver side door has to stay on or it starts to short out explaining y my other doors window switchs dont work
is that lock out button on a relay somewere or what?
i have looked at the repair manual and gone onto the autozone site looking at wireing diagrams but come up with nothing

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if i was to take a stab at this ....i would try to take out the panle for the switches (switch panle not the door panle) on the drivers door.see if you have any melted switches or take one out at a time to see if that frees up it's window on the other side of the truck by pressing "if your doing the passenger door" that doors window switch.

this may not work but you may find the problem window switch or switches doing it this way.

also the window lock switch may be bad too ,i know that when i replaced a bad passenger door lock switch i went a got one from the junk yard but the cover from mine that has the lableing on it was better than the new switch i bought so i did a swap...when itook the rocker cover off mine i noticed that it had a lot of crud in the switch houseing (probally what killed it ) .the new i got was almost as bad so i cleaned it out with canned air and replaced it and no more problems.

i opened up the driver side switchs and found when i turn off the window locks the one of the wires on the lock button start to heat up ?
got to dig deeper and see whats going on

maybe one of the other windows is the cause of the lock button heating up.pop all the window switches out each on the doors and disconnect all of them and put one back at a time till you see or find the wire heat up again .if you find that say for example the left rear window starts the wire to heat up then you just found your problem area to work in .kinda like the process of elimination.

right on thanks for the tip ill try that

My buddy had that issue and it was a locked up switch on the offending door. It is like holding the switch up or down on the other door, and then holding the switch on the driver door at the same time.

I don't know if this will help any, but inside the switch, the contacts get bent together over time and may be staying in contact constantly. I found this on my pass door. Just take the switch apart and seperate the contacts. Hopefully this'll do it for ya. Good Luck

thanks ill give anything a try right now

Back